Fiio DACs, portable amps and cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome
<

#Kilroyquasar

The FIio E7/E10 would probably better the Xonar DX especially when used with headphones since they have a better amp . Also you will be able to directly connect the headphone to the device instead of removing all the cables etc . The same can be directly achieved even with your Xonar DX using the front panel headphone out connected to the Xonar DX
<

thanks for that ! pls PM me your account details then.

and yes, i read the E11 doesnt have much effect on the M50 as the M50 are already pretty bassy headphones. also, another thing is, i have a xonar DX. the M50 would be used mostly with the PC. does any among the E7/E10 actually trump the xonar DX to justify being used with the M50 over the xonar ?!

am considering fiio for the M50 mainly because its a pain to everytime go to the back of my large PC cabinet and disconnect the 5.1 system's cables and connect headphone cable(s) to listen to music. was thinking that with something like this amp, i could somehow connect the amp to my PC through USB and the M50 in turn to the amp. is this really possible ?

thanks !

Thanks for the E10. Am using with MacOSX 10.6, Songbird, a 2.5W tube amplifier and the Usher S520 speakers. Using only the fixed output as of now.

Quick first impressions are much better midrange detail than the inbuilt Macbook Pro sound (Realtek probably), the bass is little deeper. Top end is slightly warmer.

Bit of glare out of the box. Can already hear it settling in, should be nice and comfy in a few hours.

Vol control/Bass boost have no effect on the lineout. I consider it a good thing.

Maybe I'll open her up and do a mini-review later, using it as a converter, can amp and as a pure DAC. Let it get a few hundred hours first.

You are welcome
<

#Kilroyquasar

The FIio E7/E10 would probably better the Xonar DX especially when used with headphones since they have a better amp . Also you will be able to directly connect the headphone to the device instead of removing all the cables etc . The same can be directly achieved even with your Xonar DX using the front panel headphone out connected to the Xonar DX
<

thats a good news for me ! thanks
<

so since you say the amp of the E7/E10 is better than DX's, i'll probably order one of these once i get my M50. for now, i shall proceed with the E6. pls let me know how could i pay for that.

I am using Phillips SHP 2700 and does E6 Power up well and works good with these headphones. To what level does this E6 helps. Plain english would be appreciated
<

[font=arial, sans-serif]I need one Fiio E6 .Please PM me account details. [/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]
<
[/font]

^^ Check PM
<

I am using Phillips SHP 2700 and does E6 Power up well and works good with these headphones. To what level does this E6 helps. Plain english would be appreciated
<

Fiio E6 is only an amplifier- it boosts the signals amplitude .Basically useful to get more volume or drive headphones which need more power . If you are using headphones with onboard sound card or a low quality sound card and use Fiio E6 you won't get a huge upgrade in sound quality , but only a boost in volume and maybe slightly more detailing .

Fiio E7,E10 etc are DACs(digital to analog converters) ie-- basically like external sound cards and they will overall enhance your experience with the headphones with better reproduction of sound from your digital files
<

^^ Check PM
<

Fiio E6 is only an amplifier- it boosts the signals amplitude .Basically useful to get more volume or drive headphones which need more power . If you are using headphones with onboard sound card or a low quality sound card and use Fiio E6 you won't get a huge upgrade in sound quality , but only a boost in volume and maybe slightly more detailing .

Fiio E7,E10 etc are DACs(digital to analog converters) ie-- basically like external sound cards and they will overall enhance your experience with the headphones with better reproduction of sound from your digital files
<

Okay thanks for clarifiying. If connect it to Amkette Flash tv HD via RCA to 3.5mm and the sound output is low and same with my mobile. So E6 just amplify the sound but no extra thump right?

@pristinenote

E10 is not a portable amp???

I would love to have it due to bass boost, but I specifically want a portable one as I would like to use it with PMP (iPod touch).

If no, then please let me know which of the above listed amps will provide maximum possible bass along with portability.

Secondly, can you list it on ebay upon request with emi option if you don't mind doing so.
<

Okay thanks for clarifiying. If connect it to Amkette Flash tv HD via RCA to 3.5mm and the sound output is low and same with my mobile. So E6 just amplify the sound but no extra thump right?

Yes E6 will amplify the sound and if you need more thump or bass it has a built in EQ option for bass boost as well
<

@pristinenote

E10 is not a portable amp???

I would love to have it due to bass boost, but I specifically want a portable one as I would like to use it with PMP (iPod touch).

If no, then please let me know which of the above listed amps will provide maximum possible bass along with portability.

Secondly, can you list it on ebay upon request with emi option if you don't mind doing so.
<

If you need the best sound from a DAC as well as the portability to use with your PMP , Fiio E7 is the one for you .Fiio E7 also has multiple levels of bass presets so you can get the required amount of bass
<

It is already listed on eBay , we will look into the EMI option .

E7 is a DAC + portable amp whereas E11 is only a portable amp . You can't compare both . If you need a DAC as well E7 is the only option . If you need only a portable amp , E11 Will probably be better than E7 as an amp only .

Thanks for getting a reliable supply of Fiio to India!

I'm interested in the E10. Just checking if the 'loose jack' issue mentioned in some online forums in the first batch of E10s have been solved in the batch you currentlly stock.

Also when do you expect the E17?

^ We are not sure of which stock we are holding currently for the E10 but out of more than dozen E10 sold in last 15 days, we haven't received a single complaint yet so it would be safe to assume our stock is from the new batch . Will still check with Fiio and confirm it .

We are expecting the E17 in the next lot which would be once the current lot is about to be sold out . Probably 20-30 days at the most.
<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back