Fiio DACs, portable amps and cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for getting a reliable supply of Fiio to India!

I'm interested in the E10. Just checking if the 'loose jack' issue mentioned in some online forums in the first batch of E10s have been solved in the batch you currentlly stock.

Also when do you expect the E17?

^ We are not sure of which stock we are holding currently for the E10 but out of more than dozen E10 sold in last 15 days, we haven't received a single complaint yet so it would be safe to assume our stock is from the new batch . Will still check with Fiio and confirm it .

We are expecting the E17 in the next lot which would be once the current lot is about to be sold out . Probably 20-30 days at the most.
<
I'm one of the guys who's bought the E10 from Pristine Note and it is a fabulous little device for the price. I was quite apprehensive about the loose jack issue too, and it was particularly hard for me since I only read about it after having placed the order. So far, I've only used the E10 to plug in my Brainwavz M1 IEM and my aging Sennheiser HD202, both of which have relatively light 3.5mm plugs, with low cable-weight compared to some of the high-end headphones. I haven't, as of now and under normal usage, experienced any real trouble with the jack.

It does feel a little too hollow for my tastes, and doesn't give you that satisfying 'lock' feel; the 'click' is a slightly jerky and hollow. Once in however, the plug stays securely in place and there's no noise/disturbance when I move my head/cable. That said, the jack still is of inferior quality - upon bending the plug downwards a little (to simulate a heavier cable), I notice considerable distortion. I could also feel the lack of secure clamping force on the jack (hence the hollow feel), which is probably what results in the distortion. Its particularly relevant as I'm keen on getting myself a pair of better headphones, and the last thing I need is distortion and dropped audio signals due to a faulty headphone jack.

I haven't considered RMA yet, and I doubt it'll be of much use before V3 is shipped.

To chip in, I do not use the front jack at all, but mostly as either a SPDIF converter, or as a lineout for my varied audio gear.

There are two major usability bugs with the E10 (very bad at that, and it's getting worse)

1. The cutoff at the start of songs. It is indeed highly irritating and is a documented design fault with no resolution at all. The average user should have no problem with it for the most part, but songs that begin at 0:00 will not play back the first 100ms or so.

2. There is also an issue of sample support. 88.2K is not supported. Neither is 16/96 (though oddly, 24/96 works fine). So some of your hi-res files will simply not play back on the device, halting under error. I'm not sure what other rates are (un)supported, but these for a fact will not play back on either PC or MAC unless they are resampled and redithered

These are terrible bugs for a PC audio product, and render the product unusable under some circumstances.

I am not having any issues with the audio jack at ALL!! neither the song cuff off thing

Using M50 , PL-50 , Razer Ocra flawlessly
<

All TE mods and admins, its my request, please please close this thread asap before any other child gets spoiled. Yes, you heard right. Lemme explain the complete incident here.

I asked #pristinenote to list E11 on ebay with emi option, which he did instantly and I paid for the item. I received it around 4 days back. I, myself is a big big basshead. Bigger than any one can expect. I use meelec sp51 as my iems. So the day came when E11 arrived which I bought after reading reviews that it enhances bass very much. The day I plugged it in along with my iems (Meelec SP51) and pmp (ipod touch), it drove me damn crazy. I was like, on the top of the world. I feltm, yeah baby, this is the bass I was searching for. As I also want a 2.1 setup for me which must be damn damn bassy as again I'm a big big basshead. Now since my demands increased due to the bass provided by Meelec SP51 and E11 altogether, I started hating speakers of even ~10k. My friend got an Edifier 5.1 setup of around 9k, as on full volume and bass, it was nothing for me, all due to E11
<

Now, my condition is like, there is not speaker left for me which can quench my thirst for bass. You really ruined me #pristinenote.
<

Now I need damn bassy 2.1 setup in time span of 6 months max. What to do? And who'll be responsible for the damages now? x-(

got my E6 within 2 days of making the payment. got it in good packaging. happy with the purchase !

#Dienver , #Cranky , Thank You for your queries and feedback . We have forwarded them to Fiio and will get back once we hear from them
<

#Mayanksahni & #Kilroyquasar . We are glad you are happy with the purchase .Thank you for the feedback
<

Ordered the E6 from your eBay store just now, it will go along with my M35 which I also ordered from your ebay store today.

I'm waiting for Asus Xonar STX to be in stock (as you've mentioned in the other thread that it would be in stock soon). But I was wondering how would it fare against E7 or E11?/ Heard so many good things about STX but at the same time would like to know if E7 or E11 can be better? I would using them with M50/AD700, and mostly will be used from my PC only. So should I wait for the STX or I can try any of these?

Can't make up my mind between E7 and E10! To be bought in next week latest.

Need loads of bass (for listening to music - trance/house/orchestral), to be used with laptop only. E10 has on/off bass control, and high/low gain switch, makes significant difference? also, can it be hooked to a 100-200 watts RMS audio systems?

Please help me out here..! Sound quality difference between these 2 when used as DACs?

Started a thread here: http://www.techenclave.com/topic/510184-jvc-rx700-fiio-e10-or-e7-recommendations/

I'm waiting for Asus Xonar STX to be in stock (as you've mentioned in the other thread that it would be in stock soon). But I was wondering how would it fare against E7 or E11?/ Heard so many good things about STX but at the same time would like to know if E7 or E11 can be better? I would using them with M50/AD700, and mostly will be used from my PC only. So should I wait for the STX or I can try any of these?

The STX is one of the finest internal sound cards for a PC . The E7 and E10 are also really good DACs. E11 is only a external amplifier and not a DAC so can not be compared to STX . The E7 is a DAC+amp as well as stand alone portable amplifier . E10 can only be used as desktop amp.

For headphones particularly the E7 and E10 would be usually preferred . If you travel around and would like to carry your portable setup , the E7/E10 make more sense . If you want to use it as an external amp with your media player or mobile , the E7 is the better option.

Can't make up my mind between E7 and E10! To be bought in next week latest.

Need loads of bass (for listening to music - trance/house/orchestral), to be used with laptop only. E10 has on/off bass control, and high/low gain switch, makes significant difference? also, can it be hooked to a 100-200 watts RMS audio systems?

Please help me out here..! Sound quality difference between these 2 when used as DACs?

Started a thread here: http://www.techencla...ecommendations/

Check above for E7 vs E10 . Regarding connecting these DACS TO Audio systems- Yes, they can be connected to any audio system from the line out connection as long as the speakers are powered by audio system . The DAC does not power the audio system , it gives out a line out signal which can be connected to the system to get better quality audio
<

oh ok, thanks @PristineNote.! also, using it as a DAC, how does software EQing fare, if need be? or the sound gets distorted?

^ Software EQ using Foobar works pretty well with these DACs. Wont notice any distortion unless you make extreme changes to a particular frequency .

#databass , It is in stock . I believe you already have payment details so you can make the payment and get back to us with the shipping address
<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back