Audio Fiio Q1 repair

6pack

ex-Mod
My Fiio Q1 (bought 5+ years back) has a switch issue and possibly the battery is going bad.
The bass on/off switch has gone bad. If it is in off position, the audio to left ear goes off. If it is in on position, the volume goes down a lot. If I position the switch between on and off position 2/3rd of the way near bass off, all audio is lost. 2/3rd of way near bass on, i get the bass and desired volume levels. :(

I opened the amp and the switch is hidden inside an aluminium frame near the edge. The solder points are too tiny for my soldering machine. And I tried searching Amazon for the switch but didn't find any.

I'm having doubts about the battery going bad because, it shows its charged full always if I listen to it for 4-5 hrs without charging it. Then if I switch the charge button 2-3 times from on to off position, it will show charging light. It used to run for around 10-12 hours first when it was new. I haven't tested it how long it runs now till the amp dies and I need to charge it.

Any pointers on how to repair this switch?

I had my E07k's display go bad last year. Cost me ~ 400 bucks to get it repaired via Fiio repair centre in China. (shipping was ~ 350 via Speedpost i think). They're pretty responsive so i'd go ahead and shoot them an email. They might even ship the parts to you if you can get them repaired locally.

Last edited:
I asked these orgin guys on email some time back.

I think these are the types of switch I'm looking for. The travel distance is one of the main things to see i think. The pcb switch is straight and the outer plastic switch is right angled and sits on the sides of protuding part of the switch to move it back and forth.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SPD...mall-electronic-micro-switch/32842652925.html
I used to play with these switches and leds in initial days.
These are easily available at Lamington road or even in a nearby good electronic shop. And they might even help you solder it properly but get it done in your presence else they might screw something else.

fiio india people didn't even bother to reply till now. so i'm guessing i'll have to do all the research on my own by opening the unit and measuring the switch.

fiio india people didn't even bother to reply till now. so i'm guessing i'll have to do all the research on my own by opening the unit and measuring the switch.
No point talking to them. Contact Fiio via their international site

The Q1 died almost. All the switches are acting weird now and it randomly starts and stops charging. Any recommendations for a budget headphone amp around 3-5k?

Did you managed to open the unit as you said earlier?
Or didnt you try to give it for repairs at some reputed trusted shop?

I opened it but they have soldered the volume rheostat to the pcb both sides. Its soldered in such a way that only someone who has knowledge adding and removing it will do it without damaging the board. No way to remove switches without removing the rheostat and the right soldering tools. So only fiio certified tech can do it. Its already 6+ years old I think so i'll just stop using it when the battery dies.

Back