Audio Fiio X1 vs. Sansa clip+?

I am leaning towards getting an audio player. I own a sansa+ already and its about to die. Please can anyone tell me is getting x1 worth an upgrade?

How is the sound quality and overall experience in comparison with sansa clip+ and ipod touch 4g?

P.s. i dont like systems that have that sony's player signature of amping too much bass.

I don't own a FiiO X1 (waiting for the stocks to arrive at HPZ to place an order, should be around 7000 Indian Rs) but I've been reading quite a lot of good reviews about it from those who bought it (at Head-Fi). I have seen few comparing it to FiiO's flagship X5 in terms of reproduction of sound stage, imaging and neutrality. It surely looks a big upgrade form Sansa + in terms of features and should do very well in comparison against Ipod Touch 4G.

I don't own a FiiO X1 (waiting for the stocks to arrive at HPZ to place an order, should be around 7000 Indian Rs) but I've been reading quite a lot of good reviews about it from those who bought it (at Head-Fi). I have seen few comparing it to FiiO's flagship X5 in terms of reproduction of sound stage, imaging and neutrality. It surely looks a big upgrade form Sansa + in terms of features and should do very well in comparison against Ipod Touch 4G.

HPZ ?? please clarify.

Got the following mail from HPZ and the pricing of these DAPs are exorbitantly high.

Hello,
We've finally recd a few pcs of X1, X3 and X5. PFB the MRPs for the same:
X1 - Rs.12999
X3 - Rs.18999
X5 - Rs.29999

If you're interested in getting yourself a FiiO music player we'd suggest you place an order at the earliest as we have very limited stock.

Thanks
Bhavika

I expect ProAudioHome to have similar price for X1. At the moment, MP4Nation seems to be the only competitively priced option left for Indian fans of FiiO products (despite having the risk of customs duty eating the price advantage)

I agree... the price for the X1 in particular seems really high. I just checked on Amazon US it's being sold there for $99.99... pretty noticeable difference in the two prices when you compare. I just bought a Cowon X9 last week and it came to around 13k INR and is priced in the US at $180 which is still close.

EDIT: My friend had asked iShop for a quote on the FiiO X1 Amazon US and he received a quote of 9.2k (all).

Last edited:
Got the following mail from HPZ and the pricing of these DAPs are exorbitantly high.

I expect ProAudioHome to have similar price for X1. At the moment, MP4Nation seems to be the only competitively priced option left for Indian fans of FiiO products (despite having the risk of customs duty eating the price advantage)

There is no risk of customs if u don't choose the fed ex option.Choose the other option of normal post.
Plus even with 33% customs it will cost 9000......way way less than what hpz is asking.

bloody looters

Is it a definite plus upgrade over sansa clip+ in terms of sound quality,signature and everything?
Will it be able to drive my m50 well? Sansa clip+ doesnt seem enough powerful for them.

Is it a definite plus upgrade over sansa clip+ in terms of sound quality,signature and everything?
Will it be able to drive my m50 well? Sansa clip+ doesnt seem enough powerful for them.

They are at least 2-3 times more powerful than clip with about 1.4 volt voltage with clip at .5-.6 only

I ordered X1 from infibeam for 8032 (with FIIO5 discount code) and a 64GB card from amazon for 2389. The card was delivered in one day, waiting for the DAP to ship now.

Back