File sharing sites blocked by department of telecom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blocking sites in India?

all the site are working for now and if it gets blocked then we can always try the VPN and proxies

All of them are opening for me fine..

I still don't get why is India heading back to Stone Age. How can they stop Pr0n from spreading when they cannot get rid of chinese mobiles in the market.

There is always a workaround

I just cannot believe this. How can this happen. Since when did the government start to control traffic.

media_fire_ban.png

As of now, the following broadband ISP's in Mumbai are not allowing access:

Hathway, Nivyah/Pacenet

Working with BSNL, MTNL, Vodafone.

Also Deposit Files is blocked, but opening Deposit Files works for me!

Also anybody please post if it is being blocked by ur ISP too.

Mediafire, Sendspace,Rapidshare banned in India?

A lot of people on India broadband forum are reporting that they arent able to open these sites. Most are using airtel and some are using reliance.I have MTNL and both rapidshare and sendspace aren't working. Can others check and confirm?

This is a screenshot one user posted:

ie5AQm.PNG

Does anyone have any information regarding this?

I did not post this in the broadband section as i feel this is a larger issue of internet censorship in general.

Do you guys understand the gravity of this. I could be grossly over reacting.

A. Government will use it as a controllership tool.

B. ISP will use it as an excuse to further choke high bandwidth usage sites/protocols. \

Really really sad. We will loose the independence. I just hope/pray this is a temporary phase.

Mine is also blocked i use aircel gprs, will try later with bsnl 3G.I dont think ISP are blocking it ,why would anyone take unlimited offers if no one can download.

"Apne pathe par thodai lath marenge"

Those of you who are getting blocked messages, can you mail and ask your ISP's to provide a copy of the DOT notification which asked them to block the sites? I searched on the DOT website and couldn't find anything regarding this.

Besides isn't viewing pron or whatever a person wants legal in his own home? I think there was a SC verdict regarding this some time back.

And if you guys dont know, Yahoo Flicker was already blocking images that were restricted (like some fine art pics) to Indian ip's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back