Audio Final earphone Upgrade budget 20K

thenvk said:
Guys, I am really sorry for posting here again. I have sold my TF 10’s just because of the Bad comfort, I loved the sound to the core. Bass was very good, treble was excellent. No issues with Mids.

From the moment I sold them I was thinking to get the W4’s for Dual bass drivers. Now the question is that as it has got Non removable cables, is it worth going for them? Or should I get the TF10 and reshell with additional driver?

My Idea is to get an universal Iem as it can be used by every one. Below are my questions

1. Is it possible to reshell in to a Universal IEM with 4 drivers?
2. How good the bass quantity and quality improve if I go for UM reshelling with Amarbir.
3. I am getting TF 10 for 6 to 7k (150USD) Through friend. Now resheling with additional driver will cost at least 10k. Is it worth the 17 to 20K price? W4 is 440 USD now.
4. How is the W4 sound compared to TF 10 in bass and treble?
1. Yes, even amarbir offers that upgrade. :)
2. I dont think it will go down , with better seal ( as its customized for your ear ) you should get better bass. TF10 already has two lowend drivers , so, its better to add a MID driver if you upgrade.
3. W4 :O , hay hold it , atleast wait for some reviews. And yeah tf10 reshelled is worth it IF you like its signature.
4. No one has heard the W4! ITs not even on sale as of now !

and aero is available at 22K at amarbir Here look and mage aroiund 26K
Also as per reviews the 1964 quad has good bass , is available for 500 with shipping included :)

^^ More drivers != better sound.

For instance the UM Mage has twin bass drivers but the bass is the weak point for many with the mage.

Similarly the Shure 535 has one bass and one treble driver but most people feel they have the best mids in the business.

You need to see the reviews to judge the sound signature. I am not sure you should buy a custom IEM since you wont know how it will sound.

Perhaps a reshelling will be good considering you like the TF10 signature but not the fit, but the flip side is zero warranty which could me 20k down the drain.

Mage has 2 bass drivers, but who said its weak point is bass ! ?

its just that some find it bass light, most reviews say that it has very detailed and quick bass response, extends deep.

infact that" 2 bass drivers , yet bass light " line is catchy :p , it should be mate their slogan ! :ashamed:

1. Yes, even amarbir offers that upgrade.
I am looking for universal re mold, not for my ears alone

I guess the w4 impressions are out. I am hesitating for w3 just coz of the non replaceable cables :(

Any other IEM that you can suggest for bass, with best conmfort?

For Bass, FX700, TF10 , IE8 are the IEMs that come in mind !

FX700 is great ( personal experience ), with huge amount of subbass! :O ,Midbass is about the same as TF10

IE8 have much more Mid bass than any other IEM , but IE8 also have a fit issue !

For FX700's fit, some have had problems due to their weight , i dont have such problems though.

FX700 will cost you around 320 from Musica acoustics , but customs mght screw it all up !

BUt why not Customs ? THe 1964 quad seems to be perfect for you ! :D

AND, More drivers =/= better sound ,

BUT, More drivers = More freedom to the designer to control its signature,

Which means , More drivers = better sound, in the hands of same designer.

strategy said:
Mage has 2 bass drivers, but who said its weak point is bass ! ?
its just that some find it bass light, most reviews say that it has very detailed and quick bass response, extends deep.

infact that" 2 bass drivers , yet bass light " line is catchy :p , it should be mate their slogan ! :ashamed:
By weak point I mean that's its not the focus of the Mage's presentation like the IE8 or Atrios M5s despite the fact that it has two drivers while the treble is a bit more prominent inspite of having a much smaller balanced armature for the treble.

I never ever said it was bass light in my post just that it takes a backstage to the mids and treble. :)

And to those suggesting the Aero should realise that the OP wants an IEM with loads of bass. I don't think the Areo has that. :p

W4 seems to be an upgrade to both UM3X and W3. Guess it won't be light on bass. But, I'd wait for an impression other than HPA, especially if ljokerl gets a loaner / review sample. It's much easier for me to deduce from joker's review than HPA's.

FX700's only issue is isolation. Otherwise, they are perfect for everything. As of now, I think they are good for 'if left alone on an island with only one IEM' for me. But with time, I may find issues :p

yeah, Aero is not suited for VK, thats why for customs i suggested, the 1964 quad , after reading reviews its clear that its a good Custom IEM ( i was unsure before )

THere is no Review of Quad, but the review of triple by joker, assures me that its not bad.

Moreover go through the 1964 thread, a few have both the triple and quad , they say the Quad have a lot of bass and goes deep :D ,

ericP10 , has both Quad and the Fx700 he says the bass is more than FX700 and thats a something !

I don't know who told ya this but you can't tell UM to add one/two/three/four bass drivers for you if your remolding your TF10's from them. I was under the same notion so I verified this from Stereo in SG and they said that "we cannot just add drivers for mids or bass or anything like that. We can add another driver but can't say if it will add more bass or mids."
If this is true than i'm sorry to be the one to burst your bubble on that one. Can someone correct me if i've been misinformed here.

If you like the TF10's sound sig, the closest i feel that comes to the TF10 or is better is the W3 / UM Aero / JH5pro (i haven't tried the fx700, so can't comment on these).

yeah, at the UM site also it just states "upgrade to 4 drivers "

But , really saying "cant say if it will add more bass or Mids " , just show that they are mis-informed ( the dealer is misinformed i.e. ) , am sure if you mail UM they are sure to reply back positively.

Its universal fact that TF10 lack Mids (i wont call it lacking but , out of treble Bass and mids , Mids take the back seat), it has dual low driver and a high frequency driver , so if they add another , it goes without saying it should be a MID driver!

Hay , i checked the UM's US site (custom-iem.com ) , it states that when upgrading to 4 Drivers they add a Mid driver :D

They do add a mid driver for the TF10, they told me so. But if you bring out another IEM that's not on their "preferred list" they might turn you down. Say I took my JH13 and asked for 2 additional drivers per side they (Stereo) would have to check with UM before committing. If UM feels they cannot match well with their drivers they won't do it.

Guyz any suggestions on the Best closed bass headphones in 100USD? As you all know, I need monstrous bass.How good are the XB700 and Skullcrushers?

If you could also provide the link, that would be great :)

100 and monstrous bass ,:O
the closest good bass you can get around that price is from ATH-M50 ! :)

If you can spend more the denons are very bass heavy and good, otherwise the bayer Dt990 ( if you have an amp) .

Back