Audio Final earphone Upgrade budget 20K

you can get them remolded ...to perfectly suit your ears...even better would be to make the remold-er add another bass driver for that extra bass punch!!

Adding another driver will give any benefit? Also How much does it costs?

, so that i may write a hate mail titled to you

Please don't take in wrong way guys, these are by far the best sounding IEMs I ever heard.Selling them just for bad comfort.

thenvk said:
Please don't take in wrong way guys, these are by far the best sounding IEMs I ever heard.Selling them just for bad comfort.

You are not the first person to do this with TF10 (selling because of bad fit).

But, give them some time, try a different angle of insertion, try a different tip. We are indeed taking it the right way :p - If you disliked the signature or felt that the bass is not up-to your taste, nobody would stop you. Give it at least a week. If you still don't get the right fit, by all means sell.

Now it comes down to IE8, I guess :)

bass is not up-to your taste

This is obvious, but I came to a conclusion that no IEM can give me the bass I am looking for. The quantity and quality of bass from TF 10 is way batter than the ones I have heard.

Now it comes down to IE8, I guess

Stuck between W3/IE 8/Remoulding TF 10 with extra bass driver .

I got surprised with the treble quality if TF 10. I never heard the treble so clear :)

IE8 has a lot of tips ...but it too has a unique shape ...so there might be a fit issue with them as well.

Bass wise only ie8 will surprise you, w3's is around tf10.

as for remolding info contact amarbir ( officiAL um DEALER HERE ...he is slow + shipping is slow + um is slow ....so expect 2 months wait but ...it will be rewarding :) )

PS; did you try any biflanges ...head-direct biflanges will fit them.

ALSO DID YOU TRY OVER THE EAR INSERTION ...i too had a fir problem , was solved with over the ear insertion.

one thing more, are you tying to put then in your canal i mean they are not meant to be inserted in canel ...( with the stock tips )

Is there any other way to wear the TF10s with the stock cable? It must be over the ear. I'd be shocked if thenvk hadn't tried over the ear and still complained about fit issues.

As for good bass IEMs - IE8, Monster Miles Davis Tribute - from what I've only read about.

In terms of bass quantity alone, TF10 is not the biggest. Among the IEMs I currently own FX700, DDM, Pana HJE900, Xears TD100-I all have 'bigger' bass in terms of quantity over the TF10. But among those, only FX700 has a wholesome frequency response like the TF10. DDM has slightly recessed treble, HJE900 has an issue with recessed mids and vocals, Xears while pretty good is not in the same league and also not available anymore (TD100-II sounds different).

IE8 has some fitting and isolation issues too,it took me about a week to figure things out.BTW I got hold of a IE7 also(used for a month,for 5k),it is also very good,in fact I am loving it the most now.

I have tried all the possible ways. I am getting a burning sensation/pain after some time. Amarbir quoted 16.2k for IE 8. Planning to buy them as well...

red dragon said:
IE8 has some fitting and isolation issues too,it took me about a week to figure things out.BTW I got hold of a IE7 also(used for a month,for 5k),it is also very good,in fact I am loving it the most now.
How much do you like them? Forget all the technical mumbo-jumbo. In terms of your preference, is it

IE8 >= SM3 > IE7

Or do you like IE7 better? :)

i think what he needs is mid bass ...which the tf10 has about equal to the fx700 ...fx700 has HUGE quantity in sub bass!
looking at the cable i cant help but notice that they have changed the stock cable. santosh waht about mids it never felt wholesome to me ( found the mids a tad no way near my fx700...and soundstage and , airiness :p ...also due to fx's open structure i like the treble much more than tf10

When I said "wholesome", I meant something that is not lacking across the spectrum. I wasn't necessarily comparing them ;).

To my ears, even the mid-bass of FX700 has more quantity. And right after listening to e-Q5, all the other IEMs I listen to can be said to be 'lacking' in mids, so let's not go there :p.

At the end of the day, FX700 is a dynamic, probably among, if not the best dynamic I have. TF10 while very good is a BA, an old one at that. It's still amazing at what it does. While I'd personally put FX700 and even e-Q5 ahead of TF10, let's not forget that these IEMs are actually differentiated by a few decimal points in SQ ranking.

Amazingly, I still like DBA-02. I thought I'd hate the plastic shells (compared to the wooden FX700, the good quality Ortofon and the Zirconias) and I was certain that I am going to hate the thin sounding, small sound staged IEM. But, somehow I still like them. The question is will I prefer them over the strong trio of FX700, e-Q5 and TF10 over a period of time? I don't have the answer now.

I know ...DBA and CK 10 are still apealing to me ...everytime i read either ones impressions ! :p

oh ..the quick notes ..oh..the treble ..and oh the details :p

DBA 2 are toptiers there is no denying that.

you know the previous owner of my FX700 ..sold it because she liked ck 10 more !!!

an you know whats more ..i want both !!

Upadate:Tried TF 10 for 30 min now....

Yesterday: retain then: Sell them was 10:90
Today: retain then: Sell them is 50:50

My ears are tuning to these ...Details are amazing, I am hearing lot of new sounds that I missed so far....

once you get the biflanges and triple flanges ..the ratio will improve.

i think you should get them soon.

you can also consider the custom sleeves if you are too worried to go fo remold ...UM also offers custom sleeves ...ask amarbir if he deals in them too ! :)

lol rather than doing that diy save yourself the trouble ( and those look horrible + i dont think they give proper sound) and get yourself a custom sleeve that is made just for you :) ...it costs 80-100 by various firms such as JH audio, Westone , 1964 , etc ...i think UM is there too ..just can not confirm :)

just log on to their site and see :)

even if you try it ...there is no chance of trouble over your TF10 ...sleeves are simply tips customized to you, why would it harm your tf10 :)( even if you do the DIY )

esanthosh said:
How much do you like them? Forget all the technical mumbo-jumbo. In terms of your preference, is it

IE8 >= SM3 > IE7

Or do you like IE7 better? :)
Right now,

sm3>ie7,ie8 is something different,I don`t use it for casual listening,primarily using it during jams and in studio_One thing for sure,the ie7 is waaay underrated.

Guys, I am really sorry for posting here again. I have sold my TF 10’s just because of the Bad comfort, I loved the sound to the core. Bass was very good, treble was excellent. No issues with Mids.

From the moment I sold them I was thinking to get the W4’s for Dual bass drivers. Now the question is that as it has got Non removable cables, is it worth going for them? Or should I get the TF10 and reshell with additional driver?

My Idea is to get an universal Iem as it can be used by every one. Below are my questions

1. Is it possible to reshell in to a Universal IEM with 4 drivers?
2. How good the bass quantity and quality improve if I go for UM reshelling with Amarbir.
3. I am getting TF 10 for 6 to 7k (150USD) Through friend. Now resheling with additional driver will cost at least 10k. Is it worth the 17 to 20K price? W4 is 440 USD now.
4. How is the W4 sound compared to TF 10 in bass and treble?

Back