Final PS3 more powerful than E3 demo?

Apex

Skilled
Japanese site says final Cell CPU will run 25 percent faster than demo machine; first PS3 dev kit spotted.

Back at Sony's PlayStation 3 presentation at E3, the company and its publishers showed off a number of demos and presentations, some of which were running in real time on a developer's prototype machine. Naturally, one of the questions that was raised by the audience was whether the actual console--which hits stores in spring 2006--would be able to run its games with as much graphical integrity.

The answer is yes, according to Web site ITmedia, which reports that the finalized PS3 will be exceedingly more powerful than its current developer's machine.

ITmedia revealed that the Cell chip used in Sony's PS3 developer's kit is running at only 2.4GHz, just 75 percent of the machine's final spec of 3.2GHz. The report also reconfirms that the graphics processor unit used in the E3 machine was not the RSX chip that will be used in the final product but is another Nvidia GPU, possibly the just-announced GeForce 7800 GTX. The article also appears to be the source of an unconfirmed (but convincing) image of a PlayStation 3 dev kit, the first such picture to be made public (pictured).

While the exact technical specifications of the GPU remain a secret, ITmedia reports that it uses the PCI Express bus instead of the PS3's Redwood bus interface licensed from Rambus.

Source

Will prefer PS ne way over Xbox just becoz i love the game titles released for PS
My personal PS favourites Metal Gear Solid Series , Burnout 3 TD , Acecombat Series
And loads of other games which are unique to the PS only rock.

I know Xbox also has gr8 titles but still love the PS game titles.

Xbox 360 looks pretty good too, its specs are awsome, its got triple-core proccessor and i have a inner feeling that ATi's tech. in Xbox is gonna be much better nVidia's 'cause its very futuristic.
Sure, stastical numbers present a different picture, but they always don't turn out that way when implemented.Also i've heard the impressive showing of ps3 at E3 was due to, it had alot of Pre-Rendered videos where as the xbox has it's stuff all out there for you to see.

ATi is a one-trick pony,the pony being the R300 core,which had been given an overdose of steroids many times to finally get to the R480 core.Sadly that pony is now old and its successor(R5XX) better be up to snuff to match Nvidia.

I don't think r500 core of ATi GPU in Xbox 360, is just steriods based r300 core, its completely different
And besides you can't use r5xx core to refrence the Xbox GPU. R520 core for PC's, would be different from this r500 core.
R500 is actually more closely related to the R600 in architecture terms since that GPU will have unified shaders.R520 will be a traditional pipelines design.

Back