final year project idea

What have you thought of so far? Dont tell me that you could not come up with a single topic. If so I suggest you drop your degree immediately. What a stupid thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

it is truly difficult to do something innovative. so theres nothing wrong in asking for an idea, esp considering the way we're taught in the lower level Engg colleges .

What about some basic
'' game'' project..Its hectic & requires thousands of code lines but it is good project to start with..:D:

KingKrool said:
I'll give you an idea.
Windows Vista and 2008 have a filtering API and a firewall API (which itself is built on the filtering API).
Implement a filter on Windows which can accept pf/iptables rules (in short port iptables or pf to Windows using the APIs). PF is packet filter (BSD) and iptables is the Linux equivalent.
Windows Filtering Platform
About Windows Firewall API (Windows)

I am leeching this idea... :ashamed: Wanted to guide some eng students in doing thier final year project. thanks :D

dude try a wireless usb or may be a notifier where in a when a task is complete on d pc it makes a calll to ur phone and informs u abt it ...well im doin one on data encryption and image compression..

not exactly programming... but you could build your own linux distro with your college's branding on it everywhere :D use linux-from-scratch or maybe take fedora for a respin...

Ok i am planning to go for a "Voicemail management system" and "Integrated voice response" . I am planning to use asterisk sip server as a backend . It is a open source gpl project which can act as pbx in software and can work with voip protocols like sip/iax2 and hardwired's like tdm/pri/pstn pots lines . How good is this kind of project ? I will be specifying clearly that asterisk is a platform for pbx development and provide its own dialplan programming language . Frontend for voicemail management will be in php . Tips/ideas appreciated :) .

LOC isnt the only criterion in marking your project.

It also depends on presentation, user interface design, the logic used, the complexity of the logic, the programming logic used, the front-end and back-end used (along with a proper justification of the same), compatibility, future expansion scope etc.

PS: I dunno how its like in Engg, but generally these are some of the criteria used by examiners to judge the project and assign marks.

Oh and you and your team (if any) should be able to answer all the questions that are directed at you by the examiner.

Back