FireFox 3.5.2- Crappy

Emperor

Skilled
Firefox 3.5.2 my experience :mad:

Frequent Hanging (My System RAM 512+128, P4)
Frequent Crash while normal browsing with 7-8 windows open (I'm continue with same habit from last 2-3 yrs. NEVER had above mentioned problem with earlier version)
Yahoo Mail took ages to open, delete, and compose or sending mails.

Any Suggestion/Solution :(

Its running fine for me. check out the plugins if you are using any, which might be the cause. some of the plugins and addons are not compatible with firefox 3.5

First off, just because you are experiencing a problem doesn't mean Firefox is crappy.

FYI, I'm running 3.5.2 with a couple of plug-ins, no problem whatsoever.

hey it's pretty obvious that u r putting a lot of stress on the browser,which is not supplied with adequate power to get it running!!

these browsers are optimized to give best performance so it consumes quite a bit of ram and cpu.

so think of upgrading or relieve ur pc of so much stress..

@Demonic: so what do u suggest? He should go for Core-i7 with at least 6GB ram to browse net on FF right without trouble? Sheesh!!

@OP: Uninstall, Delete all Mozilla folders from Profiles Files/Documents and Settings folders and clean install 3.5.2, Also report what extensions/plugins you have installed for FF.

@Demonic
Browsers are meant or rather should be designed to be light on resources as far as possible and if feel Firefox manages it well.
If we keep on saying to upgrade someone's hardware on some basic applications like browser's then someday we will start to advice pc upgrade cos the notepad is crashing.
To the best of my knowledge a P4 system with 640MB of ram is more than capable of running a Firefox with quite many tabs.
The OP problem might be something to do with software settings rather than hardware limitations.
So guys please advice him in that direction.

thetoxicmind said:
First off, just because you are experiencing a problem doesn't mean Firefox is crappy !
FYI, I'm running 3.5.2 with a couple of plug-ins, no problem whatsoever.

First off, just because you arent experiencing a problem doesn't mean Firefox isnt crappy !
Its crappy irrespective.
Ive had problems with Firefox 3.5 and 3.5.2 crashing frequently too. Try a clean install of Firefox without any plugins. Add the plugins one by one and see if you can recreate the problem at any stage. Once you find the offending plugin remove it and wait for the plugin author to update the plugin at his leisure.

If you want to try a browser that doesnt need a plugin for even the most basic of features then try Opera. Its also has a much lower memory footprint and handles 10+ tabs way faster than firefox. Since it has all the basic features builtin it doesnt need plugins which keep breaking every 0.0.2 release increments. Its quick, hassle free and full featured.

Fine here with dozens of plugins and tabs. Like suggested, do a new installation if you want to give Ff another shot.

@chrome-opera PR guys, Chrome+Opera cannot give me the browsing experience I get with FF+ the plugins I use. Why does everybody start "Chrome, chrome-opera,opera" at the drop of a hat? Sheesh! Start a separate thread for that.

Every single time, someone starts a thread about FireFox... we have Chrome and Opera hounds jumping and starting a fray that wasn't there. Leave it out already guys, if you don't have anything helpful to tell the OP who's having problems, stop advertising and (most importantly) starting browser flamewars.

demonic said:
so think of upgrading or relieve ur pc of so much stress..

^^ That after mentioning 512+128 MB RAM, P4 Machine?

Next u ll suggest a complete overhaul of the peripherals to run Classic Mario World..?
@Emperor:

Could be improper installation of any of the plugins or browser.
Reinstall FF and double check on source of plugins.
Make sure you download from reliable sites.

FF 3.5.2 is working very fyn here too with loads of plugins :hap2:

Chrome is gud too but i can't imagine browsing without FF plugins..Greasemonkey's scripts n awl :eek:hyeah:

As per suggestions from friends in this thread, I try add on one by one keeping 15-30 minutes gap between any plugins/extensions/ add on etc. etc.

I had suspect on FlashPlayer (after reading all your suggestions) so keep it last in list & now CAN'T DARE to Install it to avoid all HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES with FF as mentioned in start.

No Crashes in last 3 hrs. keep open up to 15 tabs. :hap2: Credit goes to you all.

Now what to do with Flash? as some sites operate/manage Navigation Keys using Flash. :mad:

Any suggestion please? :)

Flash is working fine here. Go ahead and install it. At the worst, u'll at least identify the culprit. Back up your settings folders first if you're really worried.

Back