FireFox 3.5.2- Crappy

Lord Dagon said:
First off, just because you arent experiencing a problem doesn't mean Firefox isnt crappy !

Its crappy irrespective.

Ive had problems with Firefox 3.5 and 3.5.2 crashing frequently too. Try a clean install of Firefox without any plugins. Add the plugins one by one and see if you can recreate the problem at any stage. Once you find the offending plugin remove it and wait for the plugin author to update the plugin at his leisure.

If you want to try a browser that doesnt need a plugin for even the most basic of features then try Opera. Its also has a much lower memory footprint and handles 10+ tabs way faster than firefox. Since it has all the basic features builtin it doesnt need plugins which keep breaking every 0.0.2 release increments. Its quick, hassle free and full featured.

Go through the entire thread again and note the verdict.

zanderzone said:
OP clearly wrote "Firefox 3.5.2 my experience". What's the point of debate ??

Meh. It's the title that got me pumped up to defend FF. :p

Emperor said:
No Crashes in last 3 hrs. keep open up to 15 tabs. :hap2: Credit goes to you all.

Now what to do with Flash? as some sites operate/manage Navigation Keys using Flash. :mad:

Any suggestion please? :)

Glad to know its alright.

Hope you installed the flash player with the browser closed.

Glad to know its working alright :) cheers enjoy. Have a beer!!!! hahaha. As for flash, download the latest player from adobe website and install it. One more thing. Before installing the flash player dont forget to close firefox.

hi,

i have today updated to firefox 3.5.2 on a freshly formated system today, my issue is that after update it doesnot start. i did some reading about extensions and plugins but no go coz system is fresh and have nothing installed as extensions yet. i also uninstalled it and deleted the registry and got a fresh copy frm the mozilla website but still it just dont start.

does any1 have any idea...my o/s is winxpsp2.

Lord Dagon said:
First off, just because you arent experiencing a problem doesn't mean Firefox isnt crappy !
Its crappy irrespective.
Ive had problems with Firefox 3.5 and 3.5.2 crashing frequently too. Try a clean install of Firefox without any plugins. Add the plugins one by one and see if you can recreate the problem at any stage. Once you find the offending plugin remove it and wait for the plugin author to update the plugin at his leisure.

If you want to try a browser that doesnt need a plugin for even the most basic of features then try Opera. Its also has a much lower memory footprint and handles 10+ tabs way faster than firefox. Since it has all the basic features builtin it doesnt need plugins which keep breaking every 0.0.2 release increments. Its quick, hassle free and full featured.

totally eyes closed I agree with this,, I hated Firefox soo much that I liked IE but then opera is is miles ahead compare to all of them.

IE takes up about a 1gig of memory with 15+ tabs and slows down everything but I have never had any issues with opera.

Firefox aka g@yfox :p will suck no matter what you do

Naga said:
Flash is working fine here. Go ahead and install it. At the worst, u'll at least identify the culprit. Back up your settings folders first if you're really worried.

As soon as I install Latest Flash (for FF & opera browser) from Adobe site all problems STRIKES again.

Uninstalled flash & FF again... again install FF fresh...

Now is there any other way to install flash without issue or shall I leave flash till next update from FF.

I had upgraded to FF 3.5, and had to revert back to 3.0.11 . Main issue I noticed - extremely slow, not in terms of browsing speed which I felt was the same, but the fact that it could not handle a high number of tabs without feeling nauseatic. I did my regular browsing - opened around 70 tabs [I am not kidding], and FF 3.5 went for a toss. 3.0.X is very good in comparison. I had tried the same experiment on Chrome, but couldn't even operate it once I had like 30 odd tabs open.

Back