Firefox bookmarks browsing very slow after sorting bookmark clutter

nRiTeCh

Skilled
On my windows 10 Firefox was working all fine until yesterday when I thought of sorting all bookmarks (almost 9k+).

Over 2k bookmarks were lying in Other bookmarks and rest all 7k+ already sorted into their relative folders.

So after moving these 2k bookmarks into respective folders, Other bookmarks and everything in bookmarks is now operating very slow.

But FF doesn't hang or no issues while surfing.

Its just that when I go int bookmarks its so slow that to click or browse it takes a good 15-20 seconds.

What can be done esp. now that all bookmark clutters is sorted and cleared?

9k bookmarks? :eek:

You need a database mate. A browser won't cut it any more.

Jokes apart you can set up a small mariadb instance on your system and create a bookmarks table with 1 column for the URL and N number of columns for the folder hierarchy you are maintaining.

You can access the DB using DBeaver which is an open source DB client and you can filter with select queries with far more flexibility in search compared to manual eyeball search.

Another option might be to save some static bookmark URLs to a read-it-later app like Pocket and decluttering your browser.

9k bookmarks? :eek:

You need a database mate. A browser won't cut it any more.

Jokes apart you can set up a small mariadb instance on your system and create a bookmarks table with 1 column for the URL and N number of columns for the folder hierarchy you are maintaining.

You can access the DB using DBeaver which is an open source DB client and you can filter with select queries with far more flexibility in search compared to manual eyeball search.

Another option might be to save some static bookmark URLs to a read-it-later app like Pocket and decluttering your browser.
No man all was good as my 7k bookmarks were already sorted. Its just that these 2k which were lying categorized under "Other bookmarks" and when I moved them to their respective folders things tumbled.
But seems by every usage things are slowly getting better in fct in between it just works fine as if nothing changed.
Seems FF is learning... but still dont wanna risk..

Back