PC Peripherals Fixing a noisy fan - coolermaster sickle flow

Arjun

Skilled
So i have couple of these coolermaster fans https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Sickleflowx-Blue-Led/dp/B00EK4Q2JA

To reduce the noise you are supposed to oil the bearing which be accessed by removing the sticker and then removing a rubber cap, there are many tutorials on this on youtube , but when i tried this i was unable to find the cap on this fan, is this correct or i am doing it wrong, anyone tried this on this fan?

See the damage it did trying to remove the cap.

20200605_204128.jpg

Hey the cap which you are trying to remove is melted in there so it wont come out without breaking the fans . Heres a video showing a alternate method to drill a small hole .But i think it should be the worst case scenario . If you want you can give it a try.

I can see the round outline for the cap, stick a pin inside the centre and use it to pull it off? I've used some spare engine oil to restore fans before, the sticker may not stick back once removed, replace the cap, clean surface with nail polish remover and use some electrical tape to seal everything back.

I tried everything, there is an outline but there is no rubber, it is solid plastic.
Post automatically merged:

Hey the cap which you are trying to remove is melted in there so it wont come out without breaking the fans . Heres a video showing a alternate method to drill a small hole .But i think it should be the worst case scenario . If you want you can give it a try.

Missed this post, let me see the video.

Last edited:
They are using PoM (plastic) bearings. It's probably sealed. If it opens, use grease instead of oil as lubricant since a Google search shows these plastic bearings use glass ball bearing.

Back