Flipkart deals

One more [emoji849] sale coming up 21-25th, wait for that
My R7000 died day before yesterday after 3+ years of service. The 5 Ghz radio seems to be the culprit.
Tried multiple Netgear firmwares with full resets, DD-WRT firmware etc. but no dice. 5 Ghz connections were topping out at 70-80 Mbps and dropping like crazy.
Pinging a local PC connected via Cat6 on my network from my laptop was dropping packets to the tune of 30% and ping times were horrible(1-2 secs each).

Went and bought myself an Asus RT-AC68U locally. Back to 866 Mbps on my wifi-ac devices now. I have been a Netgear customer for the past 3 routers but not anymore. Their firmware updates are pretty bad now.DD-WRT has stopped any further development as well.

A few months back one firmware update messed up the DNS lookups. Even though ISP and Google DNS were configured on the router it was trying to resolve DNS queries istelf and crapping out intermittently which is a well-documented issue on Netgear forums.

My R7000 died day before yesterday after 3+ years of service. The 5 Ghz radio seems to be the culprit.
Tried multiple Netgear firmwares with full resets, DD-WRT firmware etc. but no dice. 5 Ghz connections were topping out at 70-80 Mbps and dropping like crazy.
Pinging a local PC connected via Cat6 on my network from my laptop was dropping packets to the tune of 30% and ping times were horrible(1-2 secs each).

Went and bought myself an Asus RT-AC68U locally. Back to 866 Mbps on my wifi-ac devices now. I have been a Netgear customer for the past 3 routers but not anymore. Their firmware updates are pretty bad now.DD-WRT has stopped any further development as well.

A few months back one firmware update messed up the DNS lookups. Even though ISP and Google DNS were configured on the router it was trying to resolve DNS queries istelf and crapping out intermittently which is a well-documented issue on Netgear forums.
Did you use asus-merlin xwrt firmware? That's rock solid

Did you use asus-merlin xwrt firmware? That's rock solid
Quick question for you and sorry for hijacking this thread. What are the advantages of merlin firmware that you see? i use a pihole and I am seeing that the Asus official firmware tags the router IP 192.168.1.1 as an additional DNS even though I have set the primary and secondary DNS and some requests are being served by it directly.

Quick question for you and sorry for hijacking this thread. What are the advantages of merlin firmware that you see? i use a pihole and I am seeing that the Asus official firmware tags the router IP 192.168.1.1 as an additional DNS even though I have set the primary and secondary DNS and some requests are being served by it directly.
I did not like Netgear ui and it wasnt stable. So i looked around and latched on to asus merlin xw-rt.

Non tech but a great deal.

14.5k after discount for 3 seat fabric recliner. Got delivered a day ago. It's basic, doesn't recline to a flat 180 degreee and the middle seat also doesn't recline, but great value nonetheless.

Flipkart Perfect Homes Costello Fabric Manual Recliners Recliner

Let me know if any of you want to see pictures

it says it will be delivered by midnight, we should receive some code on the mail or some link and yes I didn't receive any confirmation mail or message kinda thing as well

bought it right now, waiting for email with code. Oddly enough didn't get any flipkart confirmation order email though. @JMak What happened for you?

got confirmation mail from FK, waiting for activation code

Attachments

• FK.jpg
    FK.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 118
Back