flipkart hot deals

Damn this extra 10% off is even better on Big Billion Day sale, Anyone with a Citibank or Standard Chartered Card willing to help a fellow TE member on 6th ? :D

Already on FB/Twitter that flipkart is jacking prices up on most popular items among many categories.
People are posting examples on how prices have increased slowly & considerably from last week till today.
Typical retail marketing gimmick.

I can't recall the last time FK had an actual 'hot' deal. Maybe the cheap WD 2TB hard drive. That was way back in May. And their service has deteriorated considerably, even in a metro like Delhi. Dunno how people in smaller cities are.

Already on FB/Twitter that flipkart is jacking prices up on most popular items among many categories.
People are posting examples on how prices have increased slowly & considerably from last week till today.
+1 Wonder what they are upto

Pretty much this. I was tracking 4-5 items I was interested in for the past week on FK. The prices of these items has DOUBLED in the last few days. Its hilarious considering the same items are currently available on Amazon & Snapdeal without any sale offer at 50% less - because that's the price range they have been at more almost a year now! Yet FK has suddenly decide to list then at full retail price.
Here are a couple of examples.

WD My Passport 1 TB External Hard Disk - FK Price Rs.7499.

http://www.flipkart.com/wd-my-passp...disk&ref=21664370-c3e4-432c-8ab1-e913b08533b8

Have you heard of this drive ever being at this price point in the last one year? Amazon offers the exact same drive for Rs.3835

http://www.amazon.in/WD-Passport-Ul...sr=8-1&keywords=western+digital+1+tb+external

Bosch GSB 500 RE Kit Power & Hand Tool Kit. FK had this item listed at Rs.3235 a couple of days ago. Today its 6800.

http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-gsb-5...tracker=start&as-pos=p_1&pid=PHTDTWYYQPQHSVVG

The exact same item is currently selling on Amazon for Rs.3499 -

http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-GSB-500-...&qid=1412562468&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+gsb+500

There are tonnes of other similar items. These aren't one off cases.

So their plan appears to be - "Jack up prices by 50% and then offer a whopping 50% off and see how many people we can sucker". Unfortunately for them, online shoppers have wised up to this tactic (as compared to earlier) and tend to cross check item prices across several sites before buying something expensive.

Maybe they will surprise us and offer genuinely good prices? I think they will at least for some items. We'll know soon enough...

Last edited:
LOL seems I was right. Its past 8 AM, the sale has started. The "Fabulous offers" ie. items like the Lumia 525 that were listed with a 90% off are "OUT OF STOCK" 10 seconds into the sale. Looks like they had just a few pieces of these each item at that price which sold out immediately for obvious reasons.

Also note that for a lot of items on sale there are two new FK conditions name;y - No Cancellations & No Refunds!

Similarly, the Bosch 500 I listed above has suddenly dropped in price to Rs. 3k. Still quite decent actually if you have a 10% off CC. Unfortunately I don't.

In case you guys find any genuinely good deals, plz post here.

Well, it's just lucrative offer nothing else I believe. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is offered at 1350/- and Nokia Lumia 525 for 910/-.

I tried many times but the items are not getting added to cart. After refreshing the page for few times, it shows the notification that the item was added to cart but guess what it isn't
rofl.gif

And after few refresh again, the item is out of stock. Again after few refresh, the item is up again
tongue.gif

It's total javascript thing. Let's see if I get any genuine buyer of this BIG sale and all. The same was done when Mi3 was released.

The WD I linked above has miraculously gone down from Rs.7499 to Rs.4748 - a discount of 41% but its STILL way more than the items "normal" price of around 3800 on other sites. :p

So expect a "Rs.100" offer on the drive. But don't be surprised if before you can buy it - it will already be OUT OF STOCK because they prolly have just one item for sale at that price anyways...

Back