Flipkart phone

Did you hear about the Billion + phone for 10k from Flipkart ? They say made and designed in India. It is supposed to come up with a dual rear camera.

Flipkart want to sell other electronic goods too, at a later point of time. Maybe, TV, WM etc ?

They already tried it once long back with Digiflip tablets n stuff.. Failed miserably..
I had purchased one and found that the product was of substandard quality.. I never received any OS updates on it..
The biggest scam is that they don't even provide an option to exchange those Digiflip tablets while buying newer products!! So my tablet is lying around as unused electronic waste..

its in 10k-13k range according to TOI. ironic thing was the suit who was launching the product was talking how indians were unhappy with getting substandard products. i'm guessing he has high hopes for the rebranded phone they are selling. lol.

A few unboxing videos are out

The phone looks very cheap due to the plastic in the body. I am not sure if the display is great. Camera looks fine, not great from what we see. Since it is a promo piece, the vlogger didn't go to bad things in it. Hopefully some extended reviews will be more honest on display and camera.

3GB RAM version is priced at ₹ 10,999
4GB RAM version is priced at ₹ 12,999

I have one question. Why would someone pick this over the xiaomis like the redmi note? Not dissing the product or company, it's a genuine query.

I have one question. Why would someone pick this over the xiaomis like the redmi note? Not dissing the product or company, it's a genuine query.

Price tag. Its cheaper than Xiaomi's Mi A1.

And now, the main reason why many buy a Xiaomi over 10.or device is that we still have custom development support for the former. The latter is a hit and miss.

Coming to otherwise, Xiaomi's MIUI is a brilliant albeit slow android ROM. Irrespective of whether your views are critical or not about the ROM, it does have almost everything and much more. And Xiaomi is still giving the latest features to the older phones, a la Apple. Well, almost. You get an older codebase ie MM, but with MIUI9 features.

probably cause of the sense less 2 times a month phone sales of Xiaomi, where people can't get their hands on the phone readily? even then, this would be like the last phone anyone would want to buy. I'm guessing people will consider other companies like LG, Samsung, Moto, Lenovo, Sony etc before buying this. The fan boys of FK will lap it up first I'm sure. I saw a lot of the fan boys in the Digiflip tablet reviews. Its made by FK so it must be great etc reviews.

Price tag. Its cheaper than Xiaomi's Mi A1.

I was comparing it to the redmi note 4, i think the prices are similar?

Speaking of miui, i've been a power user since my first android, the blade, and then tried various roms on my xperia play and finally settled on miui. i find it has a good blend of UI, UX and performance/functionality. Especially since i find everything since ICS very bland in terms of appearance. especially don't like the flat shading.[DOUBLEPOST=1510477949][/DOUBLEPOST]
Those are paid reviews. I know few people who got 500rs fk vouchers for giving good reviews to digiflip tablets

I'm not really surprised. Sometimes i think FK has more drawbacks than benefits.

I was comparing it to the redmi note 4, i think the prices are similar?

Speaking of miui, i've been a power user since my first android, the blade, and then tried various roms on my xperia play and finally settled on miui. i find it has a good blend of UI, UX and performance/functionality. Especially since i find everything since ICS very bland in terms of appearance. especially don't like the flat shading.[DOUBLEPOST=1510477949][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm not really surprised. Sometimes i think FK has more drawbacks than benefits.

Oh, I was comparing it to the dual camera phones, since the RN4 has a single rear camera.

MIUI is good, no doubt, but its quite slow and has heavy handed ram managment. in that context, Xiaomi has claimed that MIUI9 will be better.

Aah, I'm not really following all the latest fads so i didn't really notice that one. In that case it's either gonna be an awesome phone or cheap crap because no one has been able to beat Xiaomi so far.

Yes miui is a bit bloated but i must mention that if you're comparing their release cycles with say aosp, they are slightly behind. As in they just released Android N for the Redmi 4 a week or so ago, but in miui 8, while also promising to deliver N miui 9 this month as well.

Still i would rate them the best overall option in terms of price, performance, features and quality. Let's see if FK can match up.

Aah, I'm not really following all the latest fads so i didn't really notice that one. In that case it's either gonna be an awesome phone or cheap crap because no one has been able to beat Xiaomi so far.

Yes miui is a bit bloated but i must mention that if you're comparing their release cycles with say aosp, they are slightly behind. As in they just released Android N for the Redmi 4 a week or so ago, but in miui 8, while also promising to deliver N miui 9 this month as well.

Still i would rate them the best overall option in terms of price, performance, features and quality. Let's see if FK can match up.

MIUI9 for the RN4 is out. They are on an older release cycle but then, MIUI means you do not need to worry about the Android version, its the equivalent of bringing features parity irrespective of Android version.

Yes but some features like the ram management you mentioned or battery performance etc. Depend on the kernel. For example even miui 9 on the Redmi 2 will still be on lollipop, not even marshmallow. The miui version is just new icing, sometimes you get old cake...

Back