Flipkart send me defective IFB washing machine

Techno

Disciple
machine_with_missing_components.jpg

I purchased a IFB TL- SDG 7.0 KG Aqua washing machine from flipkart on 2 April, 2017.
The product sent to me is defective.

1) Detergent tray is missing.
2) light bulb assembly missing.

I have provided the image and video proof regarding the same.

Image : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhtr5gxqtihu3j6/P_20170403_174751.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ddfqj1k9mdrs9u/machine with missing components.jpg?dl=0

Video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujfqq1v2jw1ykpe/V_20170403_175121.mp4?dl=0

A person from IFB came on 5 April, 2017 to provide the demo of the machine. Unfortunately he could't provide the demo because of this defect and told me to get the product replace.

Flipkart said they will be sending a technician on Apr 06, 2017 but no one has come. Today i get a email they will sent someone on April 10, 2017. Clearly they are playing hard to get.

What is shocking to me is their unwillingness to replace the product. Today i lost complete trust in flipkart will never buy from flipkart again.

Please suggest me guys what should i do in this case, i am already getting a feeling they won't be giving me a replacement easily.

Last edited:
Actually, I would suggest to avoid Flipkart as well for expensive things. We had an issue with a VU TV 55 UHD inch 2 months back. There was an issue with the speakers, but the VU tech and FK chaps said nothing is wrong, and they refused to change or return the product in spite of lack of clarity which we were used to in Sony. The outcome was that any further purchases will be avoided from Flipkart. Got a soundbar.

We might take it up with consumer court, but after 1-2 months.

Next time, take a video of the unboxing.
Anyway, now I'd suggest you do this..
1. Escalate matter on social media.
2. Threaten to take legal measures.
3. File a complaint with consumer court.

Had bought a moto BT headset some time last year. It doesn't work properly now, trying to get it rmaed but, moto ppl refusing to accept saying they don't sell bt headset in India.
Fk says go to manufacturer, manufacturer says go to seller.
Tf!

I had similar problem with IFB when I bought a dryer. It was a sealed piece from Thailand. When the technician unboxed it had some parts come off lose. The technician said that he will open the whole unit and fix the part that has come off. I refused and asked for a replacement. He asked me to contact the company. When I contacted the company they refused. Finally I managed to reach one of their managers in Chennai. He flat out refused replacement and said that these kinds of issues are common due to shipping from overseas. When I told him I will go to consumer court he said that as a consumer I have every right to go to the court but he will not replace the unit.

Eventually, I went to the store I bought from (Tirumala Music Center, Bugumpet, Hyderabad). When I told them the issue, they immediately called IFB and asked them to replace. Later the store manager (a lady) told me that they are one of the biggest sellers of IFB products (at least at that time in 2007) hence they can throw their weight around and get the wrongs fixed. Eventually, I got another sealed (in wooden crate) Dryer from IFB and fixed. BTW, the dryer is working even after 10 years.

I might be wrong but my perception of IFB is that their build quality is not that great. At least not good enough for buying online. Recently I was buying an oven and avoided IFB because I routinely hear people saying they refuse to service stuff bought online. The other problem I found was IFB models tend to be quite outdated ones.

Update

Flipkart has resolved this issue. They provided a replacement on 11 april.
So far the machine is working good.

I had also complained about this to IFB. Today they send me this flower bouquet, i am really surprised and impressed by their customer service. This gesture shows they really care about their customers. Thumbs up to IFB.

R7cDiVb.jpg

Back