Flipkart Teases OnePlus 3 Sale; OnePlus Co-Founder Tweets 'What’s This? We’re Exclusive With Amazon'

6pack

ex-Mod
Source: NDTV Gadgets 360

Those who opened Flipkart today were greeted by a huge banner for the sale of the OnePlus 3 smartphone during the company’s upcoming Big Shopping Days sale, which kicks off on Sunday. Interestingly, the banner contained hugely discounted pricing for the OnePlus 3 of under Rs. 20,000. This comes as a big surprise, considering the Chinese brand exclusively sells its smartphones via Amazon India in the country. OnePlus Co-Founder Carl Pei expressed his surprise as well, in a tweet questioning how Flipkart is planning on selling the smartphone.

There has been no response to Pei’s tweet from Bansal or Flipkart yet. Emails sent by Gadgets 360 to Flipkart, OnePlus and Amazon on the matter did not elicit responses.

Seller is OmniTechRetail

Even I read that and was surprised. I thought OnePlus has partnered with Flipkart as well. But that pricing is just unbelievable.

Price will be 1_,999/- which is 19,999/-

It is straight 8k discount to clear the stock and make room for 3T.....maybe ?

This is another way to attract customers, I feel only 500-1k phones may be put up for discount and it will boil down to fastest fingers first.

Price will be 1_,999/- which is 19,999/-

It is straight 8k discount to clear the stock and make room for 3T.....maybe ?

OnePlus has given Amazon India exclusive rights to OnePlus 3 & 3T. No other seller can sell them online except Amazon. The FlipKart seller is probably selling refurbished or imported stock from China.

While not a flipkart seller.
Beware,I had ordered a one plus 3 from a seller in ebay.in, (considering the coupons available) a seller in his listing claimed and also told via message that it was a brand new phone(30 sold in listing with positive feedback for those phones sold) with amazon paid vat bill. But once I received it turned out to be a refurbished phone,the only give away was the missing screen protector,missing welcome letter from carl pei and missing usb clips and the fake invoice where the IMEI number didn't match amazon official records for that invoice/order number. Even though the phone box was sealed and looked exactly like those sold by amazon.in (it has the same sticker behind the phone mentioned imported in june and sold by amazon india),it also did not have any scratches .
Took more then a month to get my refund from ebay after escalating the issue multiple times which was a bitter experience.
Lot of those people who bought the phone from that seller think they got a new phone when infact they all got a refurbished phone.Only 2 or so buyers found it out.

Last edited:
Ebay India = Fraud
Buy stuff with credit card on eBay or any online site, If bought a phone as brand new and received a refurb or used phone and CS is of no help then just file a charge back with CC and return the product. Let your card company help u.

ebe1efcbe12dbae7b99b38043f2c02cc.jpg

It maybe possible, I actually bought 1+ VR in lightning sales for Re. 1 from Amazon, so it is possible but with very limited number of units.

It seems, it was just a cheap publicity gimmick deployed by FK to remind people about their shopping festival knowing fully well that they can't sell one plus phones
It will only boomrang on FK as people will lose whatever trust they had on it

Back