Flipkart's Big Billion App only sale does $300M Business & Why its still a flop sale

App shit all over the flipkart desktop site. Even the deals are app only. The prices are all bloated on the desktop site. It says open app for great prices on the products that I was looking on the desktop site.

I am irritated by that huge yellow bar that is consistently there on the desktop site asking me to open the same page on there app in the small screen on my mobile. Fu** flipkart!

They suck big time.
They don't even have a proper app
qrf0g7.jpg

Some one invite the CEO/ CFO/ whatever's of sd,fk to these threads. Let them know what many of us think about such gimmicks
Actually, they are preety convinced that whatever they are doing is the right way to go. They are forcing the customers to use there way or use the highway.

Either you subscribe to there ways or you go somewhere else. They don't want your business.

Last year's was a flop and so will be this year's. Hope Amazon, Snapdeal, Jabong etc. come up with better sales.
Don't know about those listed but ebay will come up with something like they did last year. However overall, FK's sales had better deals. Problem was it was either fake or limited quantity. I do know of some people who got unicorn-like deals. IMO only way for other e-com sites to compete with FK here is to give GENUINE deals and a decent quantity (might lead to their losses though). Also how much I wish these sites would stop inflating the MRP/original rates. Pendrive 99% off of 1lac MRP ROFL. That was trending only.
It says open app for great prices on the products that I was looking on the desktop site.
haha cunning.
Actually, they are preety convinced that whatever they are doing is the right way to go. They are forcing the customers to use there way or use the highway.
Either you subscribe to there ways or you go somewhere else. They don't want your business.
They are trying to maintain monopoly of the online market. They cannot achieve that any other way. I might have installed their app if not for their "Access to private info" policies.
Will Marshmallow solve that problem? Heard it came with a bunch of new security updates.

Last edited:
Don't know about those listed but ebay will come up with something like they did last year. However overall FK's sales had better deals. Problem was it was either fake or limited quantity. IMO only way for other e-com sites to compete with FK here is to give GENUINE deals and a decent quantity (might lead to their losses though).
You need to understand the main reason behind these sales. They're not meant to give away products at cheap prices. They're meant to attract people to their portal, where they'll end up buying other stuff too. They know which products sell the most. So, they sell those ones at dirt cheap prices. It doesn't matter whether they lose money on these products. It 's all about user acquisition. However, all the other niche products are sold at higher prices.

They are trying to maintain monopoly of the online market. They cannot achieve that any other way. I might have installed their app if not for their "Access to private info" policies.
Will Marshmallow solve that problem? Heard it came with a bunch of new security updates.

Yes, you can select permissions for a particular app in Marshmallow.

Punit Soni did not wish to comment on my post on his G+ page boasting about the Big billion sale

The comment went like this:
Last year i did receive T-shirts which were 2 years old, in such a sale.
No hard feelings, just a small feedback
I see it as just another marketing gimmick
The sellers can go ahead and dump their old stocks to dumb customers

Back