Car & Bike Formula 1 2015 Discussion thread

Alonso would be banging his head for moving to McLaren :banghead::banghead:

I too missed the action, as i was watching Cricket and forget to switch to F1.. My bad luck. I want to see a two way fighting, Lewis vs Rosberg and Vettal vs Kimi
I am sure Kimi has everything, just bad luck prevented him in the last 2 races. Hopefully, the luck will favour him soon :)

Kudos to Vettal, and i was surprised to see Ferrari in form ;) Hope they continue to fight with Mercedes, but i highly doubt it

China - I am sure this will go to Mercedes, as they are very very strong there. Even 3 years back, although they flop in all other races, they shined in China.

It seems that Kimi had a puncture in lap 2. Poor guy. But one cant pity anyone more than Alonso. He must really be cursing himself....

A race after a long long time which I watched from first lap to the last. Happy that Kimi managed to get 4th after the start he had.

Missed half of the race due to the stupid new design of the Formula1.com website. [emoji35]

Vettel seemed to be pretty calm even when fighting for the lead. Him singing "Blue Flags" over the radio was great as was the histronics at the end. Either this was a new approach by Vettel or I so hated the Vettel + Red Bull combo that I never paid attention to whatever he said.

A german driving an Italian car. How I have missed those times.

Vettel showed that the Ferrari can breach the Mercedes and hoping Kimi can do the same in the next race.

@Renegade - How? I missed the first 12 Laps thanks to screwed up timing on Tata Sky. The race timing was given as 12:55 and not just Tata Sky, I confirmed with a friend and his Airtel too said 12:55 the previous evening.

I had to wait to watch the first few laps from other sources.

I don't like the orphan treatment being meted out to Formula 1 fans and the sport by Star Sports. I don't know when it will start or when it will end or has ended. The show ended so abruptly and they started showing goals, I didn't realize for minutes that it wasn't a break but the show has ended. Absolutely pathetic.

@xtremevicky - My thoughts exactly. The legendary combination of anthems made me nostalgic for a while.

On a side note - I hated it when Vettel won with Red Bull because the Austrian national anthem is too long and boring and that too after a very boring race. I am beginning to like Vettel.

Nico Rosberg is beginning to look like a village idiot - "Game on Ferrari" WTF no wonder you don't see Lewis around him or else he will have to wear a jersey saying "I am with Stupid". Not only is he getting his ass whooped by his team mate in an equal car, he is also getting his ass whooped by a guy in a seemingly inferior car.

At Malaysia Ferrari had the advantage because of better tyre management but Nico messed up in Qualifying and didn't make the move stick at the race start. He should have won but lost both battles given the car he had under him.

Too early to say this but Nico isn't championship material and it is beginning to show.

@onlyravi - Too early to pity Alonso. Remember the Honda engine is not running at 100% and they are trying to fix the ERS issue. They plan to sort out a few issues by Spanish GP and start competing as regular top 10. McLaren and Alonso knew that 2015 would be a learning year and the target is 2016.

Last edited:
I have downloaded the entire year calendar onto my phone so get notified for all sessions well in advance.

No updates after a race like that? :eek:

• Hamster had everything in control and did his best to preserve his tyres to prevent an incident like Malaysia.
  • Britney nearly had her panties in a twist for which the Hamster had to be threatened. Not to mention creating a ruckus post race as well.
  • Finger Boy was there making Britney nervous with his fingering skills.
  • Holy Drunk ended up doing what he was supposed to do on Saturday - End up 4th or better.
  • Number 2 driver (Village Idiot) ended up ahead of his supposedly Number 1 teammate (Botox).
  • Botox - I am sorry I didn't realize he was in the race after the first 2 corners.
  • Crashjean - He was fast but used to crash. He has improved but sadly his team has gone backwards.
  • Felipe the Second - Did well to finish eight benefiting from Max's misfortune.
  • Disco-Dan - The guy was grooving around the track and around the cars.
  • Eric - Please give that seat back to the Van, I am sure he will do better as he can't do worse.
  • Mexican Chilly - Not spicy enough to get a point.
  • Fred - Didn't raise a brow.
  • Lego Man - Crashed into Crashtor.
  • Junior - Not as impressive as his teammate who is still waiting for puberty.
  • Will & Roberto - Their team is aptly named - Marussia cause everytime they get in the Russian car they call out, "Maa..."
  • Max - Brilliant drive but the engine maxed out.
  • Crashtor - Perfect example of Karma at work. Earlier he used to hit everyone and ruin their race. Now everyone hits him and end his race. Also with number 13 plastered on the car and jumpsuit what did he expect?
  • Caviar - Not best when fried.
  • Hulk - Smashed (not really - mechanical failure).

Overall a great race despite the safety car at end but the positions were not going to change much either and I am sure the finger boy had plenty in reserve should a drunkard stumble into him.

Looking forward to the next race and Honda sorting it's engine. Considering the McLaren 150 bhp down (according to commentators) can duel with Mercedes powered cars of Force India and Lotus irrespective of circumstances and results makes me wonder what they are really capable of if they are running them without deficits.

^^ Thats nice :p
A good race but boring and predictable after first half ....
Vettel is looking very good this year. I hope he gives a tough one to Nico this year and also Lewis... why now...
It was nice to see Kimi also back in form. Consistently in the top five but feels like he is content with what he is getting at the moment and does not look like he is giving Vettel a chase.
Sad to see the state of Redbull and all the reanault engines.
Button gave the idiot Pastor a taste of his own medicine. :) Loved that. The lotus duo will be in history for the drivers with the most crashes and DNF soon :D
Verstappen was a delight to watch. He was doing all those moves so smoothly over the turns ...amazing....
Hope this stays consistent. Last year Daniel looked promising but this year its all so horrible.
The problem with young drivers is that they start F1 racing in late teens and in case they cannot make good progress in first two years .. its over for them forever. Its a big gamble.
Anyways.. Good race to continue the season and lets see what the night race at Bahrain brings.
Vettel has been comfortable there with the P1 in 2k12 and 2k13. This year he even has a good car so the race will be exciting. And I love the night races which make the cars shine like bling!!!
Just thinking.... Alonso has been P1 thrice in Bahrain. This year the Ferrari car also looks good..... Poor guy. What all must be going in his mind right now....

SsdUj1z.jpg

:D

Shamelessly stolen from reddit

Nico must be squirming inside. Beaten by teammate, beaten by compatriot. Meanwhile I am squirming at Kimi's progress. He is improving little by little but come on beat the germans, at least one of those two in front if not all.

Nico must be squirming inside. Beaten by teammate, beaten by compatriot. Meanwhile I am squirming at Kimi's progress. He is improving little by little but come on beat the germans, at least one of those two in front if not all.

Kimi can probably beat Nico, but Vettel is pretty much untouchable when he is in sync with the car. I am really waiting for Canada, where Ferrari are bringing a big engine upgrade.

Tomorrow's race should be interesting, Hamilton will probably run away at the front, but Williams vs. Ferrari vs Rosberg looks promising.

That was a fun race. Moving to the night has really helped Bahrain become a must-see race. Good fire from Rosberg, even if he couldn't hold off Kimi at the end. Hamilton is just in the zone and pretty much in a class of his own. Poor Maldonado :D.

3 weeks to Spain.

So it seems from the commentary that Lewis and Nico were experiencing braking problems (brake by wire issues) at the end, which is why Nico ran wide and Kimi could pass him. Commentary also mentioned if the race was a few laps longer Mercedes would have been in serious trouble because of this problem.

Maldonado: Serious bad luck the poor chap has got. But he is still young and hopefully will keep on entertaining (pun intended) us for years to come.
Still his race at Bahrain was one of the better ones he has seen in F1. Atleast he finished it this time :D
Last year I still remember how he tossed Esteban G' car ....
I wish Vettel had not damaged his front wing. It would be a good fight for 2nd and 3rd :)
We might have even seen two Ferraris on the podium. Nico was amazing and in very good control both times he overtook Vettel.
The way Renault engines are becoming fireworks in every race they surely have a tough future in F1. And with rumors of Redbull exiting F1 completely Renault will loose the most.
A side race was to watch all the overtaking going on at the back. Massa, Nasr good fight that was.
Kimi is looking good again and it will be wonderful to see the Iceman back in form. This year could really be worth it, after the long disappointing season that was last year....
looking forward for the next races.(specially Canada to watch Vettel )

@onlyravi - I don't think he has a lot of time in hand especially considering he is the same age as Lewis and Lotus has now warned that if drivers are not upto the mark they will be dropped at the end of this season despite the sponsor.

Today's race was very exciting till the end of lap 1. After that I could have been stoned and the race would have appeared the same.

What was really horrible and has been this season is the coverage. It is absolutely infuriating. It feels like Star Sports is doing us a favor by broadcasting the races. There is no proper start to it or an end to it. It ends as abruptly as it starts. The ads during the race and qualifying sessions are equally horrible. The ads begin at any time like when they were telling us why Kimi reverted to some of the older parts or when they were discussing possible strategies after the failed first Mercedes under cut and many more.

I say we let them know via facebook, twitter etc and make them take notice. I know the following of F1 in India is not much but for the small amount of people who watch it like us it should be proper or let them let go of the rights to broadcast like they did for Moto GP and now Ten Sports broadcasts it.

Back