Car & Bike Formula 1 2016 Discussion thread

What poll do you want to add?

I am really not impressed with Rosberg's recent performances. He is just trying to play safe but you never know when a problem may strike and this strategy of finishing second and not being aggressive enough. If he does win he will be more like a Paper Champion just like his dad was who is said to have lucked into winning his championship back in the 80s,
2 races back when he banged wheels with Raikonnen, it was pretty good to watch. But he is nowhere near as aggressive as Hamilton or Alonso or Vettel. These 3 are driving their heart out this year whenever they are sensing any opportunity.

His strategy is to make things come to him and this backfires. Remember 2007 and 08 (nearly backfired) for Hamilton.

The moment you think you are safe you are not.

There's only 26 points gap which means 1 DNF and it is wiped out. If he finishes second in this race then another DNF will mean he looses the championship all together

Is the Mexico GP not being telecast on any channel?

In my DTH Channel Guide, am not seeing any of the Star channels showing it. Even the Star Select HD Channels are showing some other event.

EDIT : It would be on Star Sports 2 from 12:30am.
The formula1.com website has messed up the start time for the race for some reason. It was showing 23:30 IST as the start time.

Last edited:
Boring race up unto the last few laps and beyond. Absolute madness, with riccardio getting P3 eventually :D

Nico still doing just enough to win the championship.

The entire F1 is a joke.

Had Max done it he would have gone scott free and today when he was punished they ensured the other guy gets a bigger penalty.

If I remember correctly then all 3 cars were too close to each other at the corner and Vettel did move to the left a bit not just to defend but save his front wing. Also had the stewards made a decision quickly like Karun or anyone watching the race did then no way would Daniel have come so close to Vettel. Basically Max was at the end of his tyre life and had to brake early for corners and accelerate later out of the corners and such is the nature of the track that you can't get past with a slight tyre advantage. So he backed Vettel into Daniel which might have been deliberate. Vettel even mentioned this on the radio before the incident took place.

So I think it was unfair that he was penalized for that.

I also welcome his out burst to Charlie. He and the inconsistent golden boy (Max) favoring race stewards deserved it.

Vettel's penalty was justified because they modified the regs this weekend to prevent moving under braking. Which he himself was a big proponent of. the turn 1 cutting as a bit inconsistent, but Nico was pushed off the track so his all-clear was fine, but Hamilton gained quite a bit in T1, although the advantage was negated somewhat due to the immediate SC. They probably should have given him a 5s penalty too just for consistency.

Ross Brawn is rumored to take over from Bernie :O

Vettel's penalty was justified because they modified the regs this weekend to prevent moving under braking. Which he himself was a big proponent of. the turn 1 cutting as a bit inconsistent, but Nico was pushed off the track so his all-clear was fine, but Hamilton gained quite a bit in T1, although the advantage was negated somewhat due to the immediate SC. They probably should have given him a 5s penalty too just for consistency.

I think Ross Brawn has already signed it, generally rumors in F1 start after something has occurred or nearly there. Kimi signing up for Ferrari again after 2009 you could have paid me a million bucks and I wouldn't have believed you till it did happen.

Safety Car? There was Virtual Safety Car and under that gaps are maintained. I think Lewis backed off a bit after gaining the advantage and then started pushing again. May be that was why it was not investigated. The other reason I think is the commercial gain by keeping Lewis in the hunt for the championship they get more viewership and hence didn't want to get into the championship battle.

I think Ross Brawn has already signed it, generally rumors in F1 start after something has occurred or nearly there. Kimi signing up for Ferrari again after 2009 you could have paid me a million bucks and I wouldn't have believed you till it did happen.

Safety Car? There was Virtual Safety Car and under that gaps are maintained. I think Lewis backed off a bit after gaining the advantage and then started pushing again. May be that was why it was not investigated. The other reason I think is the commercial gain by keeping Lewis in the hunt for the championship they get more viewership and hence didn't want to get into the championship battle.
Lewis had cold tyres and it had locked up. So I guess technically it was not the fault of the driver.
Also I think the VSC was converted into a full safety car period. Don't remember if the safety car came out on track or not. If it was a full safety car period then all gains are automatically negated

Lewis had cold tyres and it had locked up. So I guess technically it was not the fault of the driver.
Also I think the VSC was converted into a full safety car period. Don't remember if the safety car came out on track or not. If it was a full safety car period then all gains are automatically negated

Safety car didn't come out.

Issue is Lewis could have rejoined at turn 2 but would have lost positions by slowing down but he plowed through and didn't loose positions. The issue wasn't him leaving the track.

I think Ross Brawn has already signed it,
Damn..... I knew this and had a very strong feeling this would eventually happen. I have even mentioned this in last year's thread I guess. I think he will be able to create a much more sensible balance between the teams and the commercial aspect of the sport. (Hopefully by now he must have done plenty of fishing and got bored with that too)

Sadly could not catch up with the last two races :( Hope I did not miss much action.

Damn..... I knew this and had a very strong feeling this would eventually happen. I have even mentioned this in last year's thread I guess. I think he will be able to create a much more sensible balance between the teams and the commercial aspect of the sport. (Hopefully by now he must have done plenty of fishing and got bored with that too)

Sadly could not catch up with the last two races :( Hope I did not miss much action.

Everyone thought Jean Todt at the helm would be great for the sport after all he dragged a team without a championship for decades to the position of most dominant team. We all say that Michael Schumacher dominated using the car Brawn created but Jean is the guy who brought them all together and the decision to get Kimi in 2007 was also his but as a FIA President he is an absolute disaster.

Likewise you can credit Brawn for his engineering feats at Benetton, Ferrari and the current Mercedes - Toto might be basking in the glory but the blueprint with regards to the cars and getting Lewis on board were thanks to seeds sown by Brawn. I don't mean to discredit the guys currently in Mercedes but you can't deny Brawn's contribution to current Mercedes. The Mercedes of 2017 will be the one that won't have Brawn's DNA. Let's see what he can do.

That aside when we talk about him replacing Bernie and say that with so much gusto we should understand that the people Bernie has to deal with or has dealt with are not the easiest people to convince. To get his way he has had to negotiate with them, arm twist them, bribe them, compromise etc. In short he might be called a poisoned dwarf but you can call him a battle hardened soldier who doesn't compromise much. The state that F1 is in now is not just because of him but also the stupid rules and regulations created by the FIA board (Remember the qualifying rules at the start of the season?).

Can Brawn take over and take control, fix issues like distribution of prize money, bring in more teams, retain old tracks etc., only time will tell once and if he is appointed.

I see. Thanks for the correction guess I forgot. I kept asking myself did it or did it not a few times before writing that and I couldn't remember. This is why they should not hold races when I am sleepy and have drivers who wake you up with their choice words :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wet start behind a safety car on cards. Pray conditions improve and fast because this would mean a clean track with no rubber so no rubber on the track hence no such thing as a clean line. Max and Vettel to look out for at the start if it is a normal start.

Back