Car & Bike Formula 1 2016 Discussion thread

dont have HD :([DOUBLEPOST=1479055910][/DOUBLEPOST]switching off...conditions seem too poor for racing...plus kimi crashed.. :(

Last edited:
Fantastic drive by Max and flawless drive by Lewis.

3.5 hours race but was worth it

The send off by the other teams for Massa was heartwarming to watch.

Max was awesome today. Gutsy moves. Other than that vettel overtake, all other moves were cleanly executed.

Massa sendoff was a very emotional moment. I guess even Barichello did not get such a sendoff (Don't remember if he was retired forcefully or went away on his own)

Great drive from Perez and Hulk for FI. Just hope they can hold on to 4th.

Feeling sad for Manor. Those guys required the money boost made available for finishing just above last in the constructors championship. Sauber already have a saviour. They lost almost 30million $ today.

Hope Wehrlien gets to drive for Sauber next year. That guy has done a lot for Manor in qualifying this year.

Last race for Button and Massa tomorrow. It would be great if they can drive the full race and not get involved in Lap 1 skirmishes. More than likely it would be a boring race overall as overtaking on track isn't easy.

Now that the race is over I think I can finally say what was on my mind.

I find Lewis Hamilton to be very petty. Saying stuff like he deserves it because he is the best and Nico is only winning it because of the mechanical failures. Whether he wins or looses in his heart he won the championship and not Nico.

What Lewis conveniently forgets is he didn't win the championship if he is to go by his own standards in 2008 it was handed to him by Timo Glock. When Sebastian was winning it was because of the best car and now suddenly it is different?

Nico Rosberg didn't drop the ball in the last few races, he is very calculative and decided to play the long game and take less risks. If anyone dropped the ball it was Lewis after winning the championship and partying like there's no tomorrow and even crashing his car in Monte Carlo but let's leave his private life aside. It was during this period that Nico gained momentum and carried it into 2016 and was on his way till the cars tangled.

In one race both cars faced the same issue but Nico managed to solve his issue but Lewis couldn't and later the radio ban was ridiculed and lifted. The fact that Nico was able to sort it out shows the amount of dedication and preparation he had done to get the championship.

Also in the earlier races in the season when Lewis had bad starts and lost the race to Nico he would say he did the best he could to recover and this race wasn't an end all. Unfortunately it came back and bit him.

He was unfortunate but that doesn't make Nico less deserving he has done a solid job this year and a huge congratulations to him.

I don't appreciate what Lewis did today, trying to feed him to the wolves and ignoring team orders. He wouldn't even be in this position (a slight chance at the championship) had Nico disobeyed the team and not let Lewis through in Monaco and Red Bull not screwed up Daniel. In that Mercedes anybody could have won and I hope Mercedes realize that and offer the seat to someone like Daniel who is both fast and a team player.

A special mention for Force India - They did well to finish fourth in the championship today. A team with shoe string budget compared to the guys ahead in the championship.

Farewell - Button and Massa.

Now that the race is over I think I can finally say what was on my mind.

I find Lewis Hamilton to be very petty. Saying stuff like he deserves it because he is the best and Nico is only winning it because of the mechanical failures. Whether he wins or looses in his heart he won the championship and not Nico.

What Lewis conveniently forgets is he didn't win the championship if he is to go by his own standards in 2008 it was handed to him by Timo Glock. When Sebastian was winning it was because of the best car and now suddenly it is different?

Nico Rosberg didn't drop the ball in the last few races, he is very calculative and decided to play the long game and take less risks. If anyone dropped the ball it was Lewis after winning the championship and partying like there's no tomorrow and even crashing his car in Monte Carlo but let's leave his private life aside. It was during this period that Nico gained momentum and carried it into 2016 and was on his way till the cars tangled.

In one race both cars faced the same issue but Nico managed to solve his issue but Lewis couldn't and later the radio ban was ridiculed and lifted. The fact that Nico was able to sort it out shows the amount of dedication and preparation he had done to get the championship.

Also in the earlier races in the season when Lewis had bad starts and lost the race to Nico he would say he did the best he could to recover and this race wasn't an end all. Unfortunately it came back and bit him.

He was unfortunate but that doesn't make Nico less deserving he has done a solid job this year and a huge congratulations to him.

I don't appreciate what Lewis did today, trying to feed him to the wolves and ignoring team orders. He wouldn't even be in this position (a slight chance at the championship) had Nico disobeyed the team and not let Lewis through in Monaco and Red Bull not screwed up Daniel. In that Mercedes anybody could have won and I hope Mercedes realize that and offer the seat to someone like Daniel who is both fast and a team player.

A special mention for Force India - They did well to finish fourth in the championship today. A team with shoe string budget compared to the guys ahead in the championship.

Farewell - Button and Massa.
Though I am a hamilton fan, I agree with you.

EDIT : I guess I was wrong. It was Hammy who had more problems with the engine settings in Baku - http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...lewis-hamiltons-power-problems-in-european-gp

Last edited:
Congrats to Nico. I followed the race through live timing due to it not being broadcast on any "normal" channel. It might be an unpopular opinion, but what Lewis tried to do was fine. He maximized the rules to try and win the championship, and it was pretty mild in comparison to stuff that Schumi, Senna, Alonso etc have pulled in the past.

Nico however is a deserving champion, luck was a factor, but when isn't it.

Also, this was the only thing in 2016 that went as I predicted :p.

Kudos to Nico. I always wanted him to win since he moved to Merc. I still remember him beating Schumi in qualifying (Schumi out of form though :p ) and go on to win some races.
Lewis, will lose some trust among his team for sure due to this incidents. Comeon, both of them had been instructed to have a clean racee. Lewis is a faster driver, no doubt, but it is not the end. Nico could win because of his dedication to sport. Remember Monaco where he was slow, and let Lewis overtake him. He may have been crowned WC last year itself, if not the mishap done by him (not entirely his fault). Post then he has grown up and gained teams trust.

He is a deserving champion and beating Lewis is not a joke! Awesome ending to this season. Hope with new regulation, next season would be exciting.
Would love to see Max drive in Redbull in a level playing field :)

Though I am a hamilton fan, I agree with you.

EDIT : I guess I was wrong. It was Hammy who had more problems with the engine settings in Baku - http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...lewis-hamiltons-power-problems-in-european-gp

From what I read they both had the same issue but it struck Lewis first about a few laps before it struck Nico but Nico remembered that the engine mode was changed on Friday so he toggled the switch and he was able to continue. Lewis on the on the other hand went bonkers and kept trying every button he found and about 10+ laps he hit the right switch and he said I don't know what I did but the issue went away.

This I think was also the race where Lewis requested to box the car to save the engine but Mercedes wanted him to continue as he was still in points. This behavior of his is a far cry from Nico in the last race for 2014 where he had issues right from the start of the race and near the end Mercedes wanted him to box and he requested to let him finish the race and they obliged. That's when he won a lot of people over. Everyone knew he would gain nothing and attempting to win the championship in that race was an uphill task despite double points but he still wanted to complete what he had started.

Also in 2014 I think it was the Spa race I thought it was a 50-50 incident as Nico was on the inside and may be braked to avoid Lewis or Lewis could have just not turned in on Nico and avoided the incident. Unfortunately Nico was made the scapegoat and his wings were clipped.

It took him a while but when he got into his groove at the end of the season last year he kept at it and drove very strategically throughout 2016.

So kudos to Nico.

Back