Car & Bike Formula 1 2016 Discussion thread

Could not watch the race due to some other commitments. Will try to catch it soon.
Just read this.... I dont think team will suspend him or take any serious action. At max they might just fine him and leave. What was shocking to me was he allegedly told his team that he will sit out for the rest of the season after his crash with Nico in May. I think that is too childish and stupid. If you have a problem with the team move on. Its understood then why the team was whole heartedly supporting Nico and wanted him to win the championship.

Sacking? Bench him for a few races or testing?

I don't think Mercedes will do any of those especially with the new regulations. 2017 cars are an unknown quantity at the moment and who knows who will be how fast in this era. They will need all the feedback they can get.

At most I think they will have a chat and fine him which really is peanuts for Lewis but it will keep Lewis happy and the PR happy that Mercedes did take action. I doubt with Lewis's popularity he will be as affected by this as Nico was post Spa 2014 where he really was somewhat shunned by the media and booed by people.

Also good drivers are taken for 2017. Anyone they can think of getting by a buy out from mid field teams will be a step down and I doubt anyone from Ferrari or Red Bull will be ready to switch.

There are circumstances under which what Lewis did was justified but when there was an agreement that the team would be fair and give them the best strategies and that the drivers won't play dirty either that's when I think there is an issue.

Had Lewis made his intentions clear then they would pit Nico first and undercut Lewis. This is also why Lewis kept saying that he will play fair and drive as fast as he can before the race. But, after the second pitstop he started playing a different game as there were no more pitstops and the team could not pit him.

In short he took advantage of the situation that at that point Mercedes was helpless which to me is a breach of trust.

If there was no pledging and Lewis riding high on the moral horse to the race then I wouldn't be as peeved as many are at the moment.

Strategically I think it was a brilliant risk vs rewards move but considering what was agreed upon before the race I am not pleased with Lewis.

Basically Nico has let out a cat among pigeons.

I am just wondering and hoping that they pick Sergio. He is one of those drivers who is often overlooked and his time at McLaren wasn't all that bad especially in the second half when he settled in and the McLaren it self wasn't a great car when he went there and was made a scape goat. With a front running car he can really do an amazing job. He has already beaten Nico Hulkenberg soundly who many consider to be a good driver.

Mercedes won't go for Fernando considering they know his history with Lewis and how things can go south again with both onboard.

Another one of few likely prospects is Bottas. He is managed by Toto after all and can make a solid number 2 driver at Mercedes but I hope Sergio get's the seat as Vatteri is too sterile.

Considering how Ferrari was making Sebastian a scapegoat and making him take the heat for most of the season it would be funny if Vettel takes that seat.

What if Jenson gets a call? Or Massa?

Guys, planning to get a hotstar premium account for F1 live stream, wanted to know if you guys had any experience with it ? How is the quality ?
I have a 15mbps connection with 100GB limit, hope that would be enough? Current usage is about 50-60GB.

Guys, planning to get a hotstar premium account for F1 live stream, wanted to know if you guys had any experience with it ? How is the quality ?
I have a 15mbps connection with 100GB limit, hope that would be enough? Current usage is about 50-60GB.
I have used it. It's good and with the connection you have it should provide you a very good experience. I guess there is a trial subscription, try that first

F1 season is over. So don't get a subscription right now. Even Formula E is on a break and next race is in Feb 2017.
Jio TV is enough for now.

If you have a Jio connection, you can access Hotstar channels like Star Sports Select HD. You have to install both Jio TV and Hotstar. The premium channels open in hotstar app when you click on them in Jio TV app.
Jio TV app should work on your wired internet connection. Incase it gives authentication error, open the app on Jio connection. Then turn your wi fi on and the streaming should work.

The season is long over and the year of 2016 is coming to an end but the drama started by Nico Rosberg continues.

Bottas is the driver who is most likely to replace Nico.
In case that happens then Massa will be brought back and he has signed a contract already.
Pat Symmonds is leaving Williams.
Toro Rosso wants the Renault engines to be re-badged.
There are rumors that Wehrlein was vetoed by Lewis.
Manor owner is said to be interested in dumping the team to recover some of his losses and Ron Dennis is linked with a buy out.
McLaren ousted Ron Dennis.

There are claims that the 2017 cars will be faster and have more grip. Hope the shakedown allows Honda to catch up on the engine front and we can see a competition between 4 teams at front.

Hopefully Force India continues to perform and Renault can do much better as last year they had to work with what they had inherited and the car was not good out of the box.

Back