Car & Bike Formula 1 2017 Discussion thread

Bonkers ending to that race. Merc were untouchable, Max and Vettel had a fun scrap and Ric had a solid drive to finish where he did.

Yeah, Im no fan of Lewis, but it was his day at his home race, which he simply dominated over the weekend. Good for him. Now I hope for the same for Vettel during his home race(s) haha :)

Felt bad for poor Kimi. He deserved the P2. On the bright side it could have been much worse.

Looks like Ferrari setup the chassis expecting rain which caused too much degradation in the front in the dry.

Hungarian GP.... How was it?

Well as usual we arrive at a track that might as well just have tracks laid down on them and cars might as well just drive on them on their rims.

The only exciting part of the race was over in the first 20 seconds. Max taking Daniel out. Daniel of course had a lot of kind words and advice for Max.

There of course was the constant fear of a steering failure for Vettel which made things tricky but given the nature of the track the Mercedes couldn't capitalize on.

Hamilton did surprise many by letting Vatteri by at the end as per the gentleman's agreement.

Renault :rolleyes: how could they mess up the race so badly
Kvyat seriously needs to go
Paul wasn't that bad considering he stepped into the car after 3+ years
Stroll needs to stop strolling and really drive
Hulk - Palm is slower than you (Priceless)
McLaren has a good chassis. That mule of an engine in that chassis got the fastest lap on the last lap.

Whatsapp group update - @Vagabond @vishalrao @dingodile_r89 @sbhas2k @sid1712 have joined. A dreary race seemed a lot more tolerable with these guys around.

Last edited:
It was a procession from beginning till end. The only real excitement was Alonso's move on Sainz. That was pure skill considering how much down that Honda PU is on power compared to even the Renault.

It was a procession from beginning till end. The only real excitement was Alonso's move on Sainz. That was pure skill considering how much down that Honda PU is on power compared to even the Renault.

I dunno who is doing a better job compared to their teammates Sainz or Alonso? They are both God Tier compared to their teammates. Stoffel of course will improve (rookie season in a very difficult car) but Kvyat is completely hopeless.

I dunno who is doing a better job compared to their teammates Sainz or Alonso? They are both God Tier compared to their teammates. Stoffel of course will improve (rookie season in a very difficult car) but Kvyat is completely hopeless.
Sainz is definitely a very good driver - deserves a better car than that TR. He'd be quite fun in a top tier team.

Sainz is definitely a very good driver - deserves a better car than that TR. He'd be quite fun in a top tier team.

Agreed. Will Ferrari continue with Kimi is the question? If Kimi leaves at the end of 2017 a few possibilities -
1. Daniel/Max joins Ferrari and Sainz moves to RBR
2. Perez is signed by Ferrari and Sainz can then move to Force India or stay put because a move to Force India will make him the new Nick Heidfeld just like Hulkenberg has become
3. Ferrari signs Sainz. RBR line up remains the same and TR get 2 new drivers and Force India line up remains the same as well.

The race was pretty boring till Perez decided to play bumping cars with his teammate.

With Ferrari signing Kimi for 2018 looks like Ferrari definitely don't want Perez and may be Perez made a mistake by not taking Renault's offer. I doubt Ferrari will want him now after today's incident.

Kimi's punishment was way too harsh. It should have been 5 second penalty not more.

Jos is jostling for his son and the father son duo have made it clear that they would like to win the Driver's Championship. Daniel seems to be ahead of Max in standings but that is only thanks to Max's breakdowns otherwise with a few exceptions Max is easily out performing Daniel.

Williams should kick out both drivers and hire someone who is in their prime and can drive. I expected them to be up there somewhere between Red Bulls and Force India. Sure Massa finished ahead of Ocon but that was thanks to Perez's brain fart.

Force India will now not allow their drivers to race each other. I guess team orders will have to be followed and this does not bode well for Perez.

5 drivers would not like to see in 2018
1. Kvyat - Torpedo and Average
2. Magnussen - Boring and (below) Average
3. Palmer - Useless
4. Ericsson - Useless
5. Stroll - Lucky in Baku but useless

Special mention of Massa - He might be past his sell by date but is a way better option than the 5 I have listed.

Williams just have a terrible car this year. In the previous years it would at least do well on low downforce circuits like Spa and Monza. This time it is terrible everywhere.

The 3rd place in Baku was surely a stroke of luck as that was basically a race of attrition.

I would watch a full race if they would play Kimi's radio throughout. Kimi to bounce back and win all the remaining races and the WDC. Can still happen.

That was an insane qualifying. Verstappen, stroll and icon really did well. Hamilton was in a class of his own and Ferrari were nowhere in q3

The last lap by Hamilton was sublime. The next person was 1.1 sec slower!!!
Vettel and Kimi saved by the penalties being taken by Red Bull. Still don't think that Stroll is that good. But he seems to tackle wet conditions better than the rest. Ocon was pretty good too. Kept matching times with Verstappen!

Hope that it rains tomorrow. Will be a spectacular race to watch if that happens!

Boring race with complete domination by merc. Ric and the FI vs Williams battle provided some entertainment. If VET can't win in Singapore, then the championship is over.

Back