• Romain Grosjean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez

• Nico Rosberg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Webber caught Paul on Sunday night right after the race. But Pirelli & Paul came out later with the official (I guess Monday) in which they targeted Alonso and Webber.

Webber caught Paul on Sunday night right after the race. But Pirelli & Paul came out later with the official (I guess Monday) in which they targeted Alonso and Webber.

What is sad about this before the tyre changes were made the Ferrari seemed to be in good shape as did the Lotus. Red Bull were complaining then and their driver is complaining now who is soon on his way out. Saying something like the two should learn from the soon to be 4 times champion is pretty cheeky. Considering they now have a renewed contract puts the spine back in them.

Truth be told you do what you are told to do by those who employ you irrespective of what you think. The entire tyre fiasco should be blamed on FIA not Pirelli. Their only mistake was putting forth a condition that they be the sole tyre supplier in F1. The terrible tyres and their condition seems to have put them in a corner where you think that they are incapable of making good tyres hence want no competition.

The WDC race -
I don't understand why people say that Vettel will bag the championship if he wins the Japanese GP? He now has a 77 point advantage over Fred. If they finish 1st and 2nd the advantage goes upto 84 with 4 races remaining in which Fred can obtain a maximum of 100 and still be champion if Vettel has 4 DNFs. I don't mean to jinx anyone but mathematically it is still possible after Japanese GP.

I agree with one point very much that FIA should indulge an optional tyre supplier. Let the teams decide which tyre suits best their strategy on which track. The FIA can though lay guidelines for the type of tyres....
A little competition is always healthy...
And yes if FIA had not yet announced the new contract with Pirelli they would be very careful before commenting harsh....

The WDC race -
I don't understand why people say that Vettel will bag the championship if he wins the Japanese GP? He now has a 77 point advantage over Fred. If they finish 1st and 2nd the advantage goes upto 84 with 4 races remaining in which Fred can obtain a maximum of 100 and still be champion if Vettel has 4 DNFs. I don't mean to jinx anyone but mathematically it is still possible after Japanese GP.

The condition is if vettel wins in suzuka and alonso gets less than 9th , only then the championship is finalised . ( 77+25 -1 = 101 , good enough for 4 DNF thereafter)
I dont think championship will be finalized in suzuka though , probably india .
But yeah it is fixed as 4 DNF is pretty unfortunate event (possible as di resta is almost there , what is it 3 race in a row now ? )

I hope thats the last of bad luck for webber.. he could have been up there in podium.
Hulkenberg , excellent drive . i felt he had best traction and straight line speed in the race.

Anyone going for the indian gp? I'm in the north zone picnic stand, I'm wondering whether to take my camera or not.
I had been there last year in North Premium Stand. Please carry your camera to grab nice pictures of F1 cars and F1 live timing app on your smart phone. There are not many TV Screens on the track, So, you will not understand what's happening in the race unless you have F1 live timing app. Also, carry cap/hat as you will be sitting in hot sun :)

I had been there last year in North Premium Stand. Please carry your camera to grab nice pictures of F1 cars and F1 live timing app on your smart phone. There are not many TV Screens on the track, So, you will not understand what's happening in the race unless you have F1 live timing app. Also, carry cap/hat as you will be sitting in hot sun :)

Hmmm, looks like i'll have to take my nifty fifty. Hopefully there won't be too much jostling in the picnic stand.

Maria de Villota is no more :-( May her soul rest in peace. F1 is really dangerous....

Really sad to hear about Maria De Vittola.
F1 cockpit at the moment is one of the safest place to be in on a race track.
What happened to her was a freak accident. Alonso nearly met an even worse ending last year thanks to Romain or in 2005 Kimi nearly met with a similar fate after his suspension let go.
May be a canopy can help. You can read a bit more about it here

@roxysmile - Considering how much Vettel likes to chase and beat records he might just fancy and beat Di Resta ;)

@soggy316 - Keep the camera handy mate and do post some pics here.

What a great race for Roman. His starting was great, lead the race for most part but Redbull different strategies for Webber and Vettel played in their favour. Kimi and Alonso in middle fought for points with Saubers and Button. Disappointing for Hamilton with puncture in opening lap and then retiring due to car floor damage.Overall good race with different strategies playing out.

The races recently are becoming more and more interesting.

Sadly I had some bank related work on Saturday and had to miss the qualifying.
I heard that Finger Boy qualified second without KERS which is a pretty good result. Ever since the Ferrari declared that a drunkard will be driving for them in 2014 the drunkard seems to be qualifying way behind his cross eyed teammate ofcourse that could be attributed the back problem in Singapore, crash in Korea during practice which caused steering issues. I don't know what happened yesterday but he isn't doing justice to the car. Fred's Pet did a good job as well.

The Race -
The Top 3
  • The Finger Boy - Had a horrible start from the dirty side and nearly lost his front wing. Kept his cool and maintained a gap of 2 seconds to Webber till Webber pitted and pitted after a few laps thus putting him on a different strategy to his team mate. Did well to get past Crashjean as soon as he caught up with him. He did have his moments during the race but did a good job.
  • The Webbo - Some may feel that Webbo was cheated and could have completed the race on 2 stops which might be true but debatable. What we can't argue about is his woeful start and not making the best of his pole position.
  • The Crashjean - Yes I still call him that. The moment I don't he crashes. A fantastic start in this race and the last race as well. Got into the lead early on but lost the lead later on thanks to the strategic war that was also going on during the race. Drove a faultless race and there was nothing more he could have done.
Remainders in Top 10
  • Fred - Did well to climb up the ladder but could have done better if he had qualified better like his team-mate. His recent outings make me wonder if he is spent? He knows he isn't going to win the championship this year and has been facing the same disappointment since the last few years. What makes it worse is that the Holy Drunk the last Ferrari Champion is joining the team. Unlike his current Slave the Holy Drunk is immune to mind games and politics.
  • The Holy Drunk - He drives well during the race but qualifies like a drunk. May be FIA should get rid of KERS and DRS and follow his and Fred's example. Qualify horribly and overtake or undercut other's during the race. Have to say they make the race exciting more so than these contraption assisted passes and they will be in the same team. Alas we will never know the Ferrari's real qualifying pace then.
  • The Hulk - He has been impressive for a while and the recent talk about his height and weight being an issue really is worrisome. I hope he gets a seat in Lotus next year then Eric Boullier the Captain can say "Hulk Crash" - equivalent to Captain America saying, "Hulk Smash" difference being he is talking about his drivers.
  • The Brow - The Saubers have improved and the tyre changes have benefited them. Regardless of that he is improving and hope he continues to do so.
  • Britney - The team should have been penalized for the unsafe release not him. Apart from that he was okay at best in this race.
  • Lego Man - Was here and there during the race. At one point really looked good but that was just the tyres. He did overtake the Village Idiot though on the second last lap (or was it the last?).
  • The Village Idiot - After qualifying beautifully he could not hold on to it. Once Fred got past him he was back to his average self. Driving like an idiot everywhere even in the pitlane and getting a drive through for it. I will be gutted if he gets the Lotus seat and the Hulk doesn't. Lotus should consider that with The Village Idiot they will get a smaller driver in every sense even skill-set and confidence wise.
Others Who Finished
  • Stone-Face - He finished. If he doesn't get a contract for next year he is really finished.
  • Jeans - He finished ahead of his teammate but it doesn't matter Disco-Dan is still smiling.
  • Disco-Dan - Started better than his teammate but finished worse but he can still smile considering he is going to Red Bull next year. He might stop smiling when the Finger Boy molests him somehow - I mean seriously think about it Horn-er, Mark-O and the Finger Boy the Red Bulls, they left a Mark on Webbo. He will probably do what Rocky did scream - 'ADRIAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN'.
  • The Convict - Flexed his muscles in front of small fries at the start but was put in his place after he picked on guys his own size.
  • Mexican-Chilli - Last time they told him to Man Up he over did it and the Scavenger and the Twit were left butt-hurt. Now they tell him nothing and he does nothing.
  • The Crashtor - He is turning into a real Pastor. I hope he stays at Williams next year and they give him a car to really fight with.
  • Botox - Just like the purpose of Botox. Really stiff and clinical. Does well to keep up with his team mate but nothing more to watch out for. I will dismiss his qualifying in rain as one off for now.
  • Pick - Was driving a Caterham, what did you expect?
  • Mad Max - Hard to say how mad his father is to sponsor him?
Those who didn't Finish
  • Hamster - Pure hamster mentality going for small places thinking he is a real hamster and can squeeze in little realizing it is only a nick name. Well he nearly finished first but Caesar beat him to it.
  • Van - Really drove like a real Van straight into the corner.
  • Caesar - Julius does well normally but was unfortunate in this race.
Overall
I don't think we have witnessed a strategic race like this in a while. Red Bulls split the strategy to have 2 options to attack Crashjean but Lotus kept their cool. They lost eventually but it was the Finger Boy's excellent overtake and the traffic at the end that caused it.

@sunny27 - Thanks for informing us about the documentary.

I think that the last 2 times I was this angry was when Ferrari told Massa that Fernando was faster than him and the time when Ferrari put Kimi on wet tyres laps before it started to rain.

I can understand the fact how some at Lotus feel and the need for them to show that they still have a good driver with them in the form of Romain but how far will they stoop to show their departing driver in bad light?

Leaving the seat loose, saying they have never been this annoyed with a podium etc.,

Today what they did was disgraceful.
Kimi was loosing time before the first pit stop but they didn't immediately pit him.
When they did it was a super slow pit stop.
They could have kept him out of Romain's way by making him pit with the others around lap 30 but they didn't.
Then Kimi's tyres lost grip around lap 50. At his point Romain was still behind him and if they had pit him then he would have come out behind Hulkenberg more importantly behind Romain.
That way Kimi could have challenged Hulkenberg and the others but not Romain.
They didn't do that either. What they did instead was they kept him out and when Romain caught up with him and he made a move to defend the position they yelled - "Get out of the f**king way".
Kimi responded but if I was in Kimi's place I would have lambasted the team in full public view for their recent underhandedness and tone.

Sad to see they now have a driver who struggles to get past his team mate with little to no grip.

As they say that's all folks, Vettel wrapped it up :p
Was expecting something from Massa as well since he was leading the race but he faded away towards the end I think.. Shame about Kimi as well as prabs mentioned.
Not sure if it was just me but track looked good this year, fresh paint no dust, no dogs and crowd seemed enthusiastic as well and a decent turn out. The stands were looking a bit empty yesterday

4 championships for the kid.F1 will get boring if this continues.stopped watching this season coz of the kid.Engine regulations to change in 2014 isnt it?

Star sports stopped having their own commentators at races and started borrowing sky or whoevers feed so he was let go

Back