FOUL!!! SONY ORDERS GOOGLE TO CENSOR THE WORLD CUP

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Markscan is apparently an Indian company which is doing anti piracy work for a Sony subsidary. It had sent a list of DMCA takedown to Google, of which, all the URLs were rejected. All the URLs were news articles or legal ways to see FIFA online.

This is not the first company which has done something stupid as this, and certainly wont be the last. However, it surely is the first Indian f*ck up that I have seen with respect to incorrect DMCA takedowns. Guess that they still are using some dumb i*iots to decide what URLs to delist. One of the other two Indian companies having a dishonourable reputation was trying to DDoS torrent trackers if they did not stop sharing pirated stuff, and another one would delist all sites and go to the extent of tracking you through your webcam!

Worth a read!

Link : http://torrentfreak.com/foul-sony-orders-google-to-censor-the-world-cup-140622/

Other links to older articles : http://torrentfreak.com/crazy-warnings-and-hacking-webcams-anti-piracy-indian-style-110501/

http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-outfit-threatens-to-dos-uncooperative-torrent-sites-100905/

Hilarious read.
Indian company must be some bean counter and kept one or two non English speaking persons on part time to do this job. Even someone with little knowledge of English can make out a news site from a torrent site. People sending and filling out the DMCA notices must be totally dumb. Like those three stooges.

Btw, those DMCA notices are not valid outside USA so how come some stupid Indian company is sending these?

Yeah track me through my laptop's webcam. LOL
Even if you a actually manage to start my laptop's webcam remotely, all you will see is black. Call me paranoid but I have a physical tape and paper over my laptop's webcam. :p

+1. I remove the webcam's cable on my desktop after skype calls are done. I don't want some random hack take control of the webcam and record me in a compromising position; like getting my ass kicked in Dota2 or while picking my nose.

I like the idea of the paper over laptop's webcam.

+1. I remove the webcam's cable on my desktop after skype calls are done. I don't want some random hack take control of the webcam and record me in a compromising position; like getting my ass kicked in Dota2 or while picking my nose.

I like the idea of the paper over laptop's webcam.

Or even worse, while watching p0rn and simultaneously oiling your machinery :p

JFYI

If some of your favorite sites dont work are blocked, you know whom to blame.

And, if you find your WC avatar missing on twitter - you again know whom to blame.

I think that the internet should be free for all. Only those Nigerian scams and the likes, where there is monetary damage, should be stopped.

And as I maintain before, people seem unaware of Streisand effect. Once people see the list of blocked sites, they will have more sites to visit! via VPN/Tor, anything.

Sony should actually make watching the WC cheaper and easier. As it is, its in the middle of the night :p

Last edited:
Yeah track me through my laptop's webcam. LOL
Even if you a actually manage to start my laptop's webcam remotely, all you will see is black. Call me paranoid but I have a physical tape and paper over my laptop's webcam. :p
My toshiba laptop came with these stickers.
DSC_0194.JPG

Back