Camera Found Vintage Flim Cameras (Yashica), What to do?

While recent house cleaning found 2 Yashica cameras made by Kyocera.

Ones Yashica aw 818 and the other is Yashica Zoomtech. I don't know whether both of them are working or not can check Yashica aw 818 as it takes normal AA batteries. But Yashica Zoomtech has a cylinder type battery which i don't think is available in india anymore.

What should i do with these?

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

I will guess that there will not be very much interest in them. One round of batteries, film, and processing will make one wonder why he didn't just get a cheap digi. The zoom at longer setting might give some pretty good depth of field control with soft backgrounds, as with portraiture. But I doubt that most folks who would buy such a camera would even be aware of that quality.

One "interesting to me" fact is that several years ago the basic point and shoot camera was overtaken by the cellphone for snapshots. The point and shoot camera market is in decline because of this change in paradigm. Except for single use cameras, I think the demand for film-based point and shoot cameras is minimal at this point.

There might be a film enthusiast out there somewhere who might want to take one of those cameras out for street scene or candid shooting just for the experience and challenge. Such a person might buy one or both for a small sum. You might find that person in the Want to Sell section of JJMehta's Photography Forum. Be sure to read the Buy & Sell Rules before posting your ad there.

Best of luck with it.

Back