Franchise or own business

evilwit

Disciple
Hey guys
I want to open my own business with an investment range of 3-5 lakhs.As I am inclined towards technology i would prefer something related to mobiles and accessories or repairing of the gizmos.To be very honest I have been a entrepreneur for last 5 years but have zero experience in this field.But i have the abilities to convince people to buy my products/services.I have seen some websites like http://www.phonecare.in/franchise.html,http://acmatech.com,http://www.bigfix.in/ etc.Let me tell tell you all these websites offers franchise programs and repair gadgets.Some of the company’s have mixed online review,some have bad.I was also considering mobile store but don’t know its investment.Due to privacy reasons I can’t disclose exactly where I live but to give the idea of place I live in, a place thats a old city where there’s a need of mobile and accessories retailer who is trustable,have latest stocks and offer good reapring services preferably with warranty.But in my entire city there’s no one who can repair gadgets and provide warranty on the repairs.So my queries

If you recommend me to go for a franchisee which one should i go for?Do you guys have any info/experience about the company’s i have mentioned?Or do you know any other?

Should i go for repairing or retailing or both of the gadgets?Which company will be best for it?

Should i go for the franchisee or open my own business of mobile and accessories retailing and please keep in mind that i have null info about where to source stocks from?

Or should i sell online?If yes then,how’s the scope of earning?Where can i source stocks from?[DOUBLEPOST=1451123717][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone????

Last edited:
If you are good at repairing mobiles, then just open a mobile repair shop. Also keep accessories, recharge, photostat, lamination etc to generate daily side income.

As i earlier said i know nothing about mobile repairing. Thats why i was opting for a franchise. Coz they will provide training/technicians.I am just a entrepreneur who is passionate about gadgets and likes to be around them but doesn't have any specific training in it.i can solve any software issue related to mobiles and computers that too because i used to fiddle around it and its more easy to correct things if something goes wrong.but in hardware if something goes wrong it can make a big hole in your pocket.

Last edited:
You can tell us the name of the city without compromising your privacy... Unless that city has a population of 1! :p

Knowing the city matters coz a business like the one you are thinking of would be very successful or a flop depending on the needs and awareness of the people around. Its not like you are gonna pull crowds from all over India to the shop.

That being said, I would suggest that you check if people in your target market are aware of said repair brands that already exist. If they are not, then a franchise setup makes no sense. Like for example: If I were to start a pizza store and my target consumers had no clue about Dominos, I would rather open a 'Tom Dick Harry's Pizza' than a Dominos and not follow any requirements that Dominos will want it's franchises to adhere to.

As for the choice between sales and service or both, again that depends on whether your city has ample service centers available (authorised or not) and whether you think that you will be able to sell cheaper and better than say a Flipkart/Amazon or your local shopkeeper who has been selling for the past x years.

In terms of online sales, I really wont recommend it if its going to be on a small scale coz in that case you wont be able to match the prices of Flipkart/Amazon and would end up making a setup that may not take off... Though I am not too sure about the margins so maybe someone with better knowledge can provide better info.

Goodluck with your venture! :D

You can tell us the name of the city without compromising your privacy... Unless that city has a population of 1! [emoji14]

Knowing the city matters coz a business like the one you are thinking of would be very successful or a flop depending on the needs and awareness of the people around. Its not like you are gonna pull crowds from all over India to the shop.

That being said, I would suggest that you check if people in your target market are aware of said repair brands that already exist. If they are not, then a franchise setup makes no sense. Like for example: If I were to start a pizza store and my target consumers had no clue about Dominos, I would rather open a 'Tom Dick Harry's Pizza' than a Dominos and not follow any requirements that Dominos will want it's franchises to adhere to.

As for the choice between sales and service or both, again that depends on whether your city has ample service centers available (authorised or not) and whether you think that you will be able to sell cheaper and better than say a Flipkart/Amazon or your local shopkeeper who has been selling for the past x years.

In terms of online sales, I really wont recommend it if its going to be on a small scale coz in that case you wont be able to match the prices of Flipkart/Amazon and would end up making a setup that may not take off... Though I am not too sure about the margins so maybe someone with better knowledge can provide better info.

Goodluck with your venture! :D
thanks for the reply man.you did crack a good one..now coming to the point nobody knows about the company's i mentioned because here generally prefer either authorized sc or local technicians.as you are well aware of the fact that SC charges a lot for the repairs but gives you a peace of mind with guarantee and local guys charges less but you are still concerned if you device is in safe hands.so in this scenario these companies makes sense as they charges are appropriate but they also provide warrranty.but let me tell there is no such companies like these here.and niether do people know about them.these are small company's with very few branches which makes me even more doubtful.as you said sales and services depends upon the market FOI there are countless branded sales retail counters but no major repair centres apart from authorised SC in the main city. in the old city there are retailers which offer both sales and services but they are not trustable.So according to that if i open a repair franchise with said companies it would be better to open it in the main city but if i open a sales counter i should open it in the old city where i live.But companies like phonecare and bigfix offer programs which enables mobile retailers to let the company fix the device and provide warranty also.practally this is the most profitable solution but the problem is that i dont know where to source the stocks.so considering all the pros and cons opening a franchisee would be the best option.So if you or anybody have some experience/knowledge about the authenticity and services of the companies I mentioned kindly let me know.your comments are most welcome

Last edited:
Back