Fraud transaction on Credit Card on PayPal

True for the most part, but some PG systems are now detecting that the card is from India, and using 2FA.

How can an international PG, take for example, the above-mentioned amazon.com, use the rbi mandated 2fa?? especially when there is no such system in their home country. Have you seen this in action anywhere?

How can an international PG, take for example, the above-mentioned amazon.com, use the rbi mandated 2fa?? especially when there is no such system in their home country. Have you seen this in action anywhere?

Yes, I saw this happening with some non Indian sites. I will need to check and revert.

Amazon India on the other hand, does not need 2FA for AMEX Indian transactions either :p

Yes, I saw this happening with some non Indian sites. I will need to check and revert.

Amazon India on the other hand, does not need 2FA for AMEX Indian transactions either :p

Please update asap. this is an interesting development. changes a few thing...

amex has a completely different system right? in india i thought it was sms OTP. coz that's what my friend used with his amex CC.

I have disputed the transaction again and bank has said they will revert back to me in 7 working days.

Yes, AMEX doesn't require 2FA while using on Amazon.in. It gets authorised by Pin code. However on other sites and POS, it does asks for OTP which is sent on Mobile number.

OTP should be made mandatory for all transactions irrespective of card types or region. 2fa must now be made a global mandate.

I think the Yanks give more preference to the ease of use and convenience of not having to enter a pin at pos's and 2fa online.

They have credit card fraud to but it's handled fine without the extra security. I'm not saying it's a better system without it, but that's how and why it is.

I think the Yanks give more preference to the ease of use and convenience of not having to enter a pin at pos's and 2fa online.

They have credit card fraud to but it's handled fine without the extra security. I'm not saying it's a better system without it, but that's how and why it is.

No, it is not handled fine. Else, why do we see so many issues of carding?

At the end of the day, security vs ease - a tradeoff will always be there.

There are many many cases of credit card fraud happening and people losing money because of it. The fraud system is not fool proof

GUYS, I am new though request to get little serious for OP..
Lets place proper replies which shall prove helpful to the person..
Just a request, I have faced some transactions and never had the amounts refunded.... if there is some procedure we can help.

Just a suggestion, does not means to offend anyone.
I made a single line reply.. as per my experience.

GUYS, I am new though request to get little serious for OP..
Lets place proper replies which shall prove helpful to the person..
Just a request, I have faced some transactions and never had the amounts refunded.... if there is some procedure we can help.

Just a suggestion, does not means to offend anyone.
I made a single line reply.. as per my experience.

Skilful scammers will find their ways around even the most efficient banking system protection. The trick is to make you complete verification process and give them money.

Back