Windows Free firewall

I use Tinywall. It is completely free and does an awesome job (sometimes too good for its own good, and blocks certain windows apps) of late, I have been trying glasswire - the free edition which seems to be doing a good job too!

I have not tried zone alarm so I cannot speak for or against it. But glasswire looks beautiful and provides you with clear visual notifications about everything.

Tinywall on the other hand is utterly silent and runs in the background and allows only those apps that you manually allow to access the internet.

I have tried Glasswire, it's a good tool. I have nothing against it.

There was some firewall which I used sometime back. It has an option to block internet altogether. I guess that's Zonealarm. Comodo is looking nice to me as well. Just missing the option to block internet access completely.

It's first time I hear about Tinywall. How come Gizmo's Freeware does not have it listed ?

I chanced upon tiny wall too. It barely has any mentions anywhere. But it is safe. It just beefs up the windows firewall to superhero mode. See the FAQs and see how it works. Uninstall if you don't like.

Definitely try the learning mode!

I am using tiny wall now after your recommendation. it's good and I like it. One down side is you have to do everything manually.
Previously i was using Glasswire. Recently they upgraded it to 2.0 after that the Firewall feature is not free anymore.

I use glasswire too but ever since they switched to subscription model from license model, Im using a pirated one.

I tried tinywall but it blocks each and every since connection and its nowhere featurerich as glasswire

Using Comodo Firewall for many years. It also has HIPS, which pops up annoying alerts whenever some application tries to do something funny, depending on your security preferences. I absolutely like that it does this and keeps my system secure. It also has a sandbox/container, so many applications can be run isolated and don't affect the system. Just ensure you skip the yahoo homepage tickbox and the custom browser during the installation.

Comodo has sold off its CA business (SSL Certificate issuing business) - nothing else.

I don't really see this affecting CIS or other Comodo Apps.

Melih posted the following in the Comodo Forums Quote -

"Hi Guys
Only the CA (ssl certificate) business. No other business unit is affected.
CIS is still my baby"

You're probably over reading into the bit in the article that suggests -

"If there is some kind of future collusion between Comodo and one of Francisco's spyware makers, such as the creation of trusted root certificates for SSL/TLS interception gear, then people with these surveillance devices on their network could have their encrypted web traffic silently snooped on."

Thats a very big "IF" and highly unlikely IMO as it pretty much amounts to committing suicide as far as end users are concerned. Users would abandon Comodo products in droves if that happened.

To cite an example, the US Govts. recent ban on Kaspersky product by Federal agencies has negatively impacted Kaspersky's reputation world wide - not just in the US. So much so that Kaspersky has filed a Suit against the US Govt. decision.

^ I'd stop using comodo just because they've been bought by shady co

its fine for general use pc but not business ones

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/01/francisco_buys_comodo/

I use glasswire too but ever since they switched to subscription model from license model, Im using a pirated one.

I tried tinywall but it blocks each and every since connection and its nowhere featurerich as glasswire

I recently purchased the elite version of glasswire, and they still have the onetime fee versions available!

Agreed about the tinywall thing too! but for the price, it is awesomely robust and well made.

Back