Free or Paid but reliable Hindi Channels Streaming

raksrules

Elite
I need to know what all websites or internet based services provide Hindi Channel Streaming Services. We would need to basic channels like Sony, Star, Colors, Zee and Hindi movie channels like setmax and such.
I am going to USA soon and the only cable TV provider is going to be Time Warner Cable where I am going to stay. They have almost no Hindi channels in my area.
So only option remains is Online streaming service. I know there is Yupptv.com but as of now majority of the channels like sony,sab,star are not available. I had a chat with their customer care and they told that they as of now don't have rights for them and are trying to get it.
So any other options we have ? I guess there was some Airtel Live TV thing which worked on mobile. I can use that also with help of chromecast / android stick and stream to TV.
Any other options anyone knows ?
I know many TV channels are now uploading TV shows soon on Youtube or using their own app (hotstar and such) but if something is having LIVE streaming it is even better.
Live streaming as per EST Time zone would be best.

I've not used it, but I see some people are using citram tv in Europe... You can check out that.

Edit: it's chithram tv

Hey thanks for that link. It is also available in USA and it would cost $80 for the set top box and $200 for one year subscription.

roku box?
Thats what people here use. I dont know much but its something like 10 per month and streams channels over IP.

personally I belive that watching tv on tv is huge waste of resources and money.

roku box?
Thats what people here use. I dont know much but its something like 10 per month and streams channels over IP.

personally I belive that watching tv on tv is huge waste of resources and money.

How can I use Roku for Hindi TV Channels ? Are majority of the Hindi TV channels like Sony / Star / Colors and such available.

Edit: Roku with Dishworld can be used. Dishworld can be used without Roku as well on Smart TVs, iDevices and such.

Btw Offtopic, but the way you wrote your post, it sounds like Ron Swonson from Parks&Rec has written it :D

Last edited:
Just subscribe to an Indian VPN dude. Costs $5 or $10 per month. All the channels which work in India like colorstv.in etc will work there as well.

Just subscribe to an Indian VPN dude. Costs $5 or $10 per month. All the channels which work in India like colorstv.in etc will work there as well.

The problem with that is it will be LIVE as per Indian timings. If something is LIVE as per US Timings then it would be better.

How can I use Roku for Hindi TV Channels ? Are majority of the Hindi TV channels like Sony / Star / Colors and such available.
Edit: Roku with Dishworld can be used. Dishworld can be used without Roku as well on Smart TVs, iDevices and such.
we watch all the hindi and telugu channels on roku. 10$ per month is for that. apart from that you have to buy a roku box. but today's smart tvs have roku app i guess.

we watch all the hindi and telugu channels on roku. 10$ per month is for that. apart from that you have to buy a roku box. but today's smart tvs have roku app i guess.

Ok can you PM me more information about the $10 scheme you are talking about ? I don't mind buying a Roku box off amazon or something if I have to pay only $10 per month.

Ok so from whatever little research I have done till now, I have found the following

Yupptv seems best and legal option but useless for me since most popular Hindi channels are not available in USA. Pretty weird that those are provided in Europe, UK, Australia and other markets. Something to do with them not having rights.

Dish world - now this is another option I have and it is legal. Would set me back by $45 per month. But lots of popular Hindi channels available.

Chithram tv, superiptv and many other such provide iptv boxes for more than $200 and sometimes charge subscription fees or sometimes don't. But all I these are illegal and recently there was a crackdown on them and many channels went offline. Basically they convert shady URLs which stream the channels and display on tv. Totally unreliable and not going for this.

So now apart from dishworld, I have no other LIVE TV choice.

Other options (assuming they work in USA) are

Hotstar app and website for star plus content, seems they upload very quickly after show airs.

Not sure which other Hindi channels upload their content ASAP ( on YouTube or their own website) after it is aired. Basically I am looking for colors, sony and zee.

There are some forums I know where people upload shows on YouTube, daily motion and such other websites but those usually get pulled down almost immediately.

how about buying a indian stb and sneaking it to US? you may have to fiddle with the dish angle to get it properly. but the Failtel HD box that I had in India had an inbuilt signal level indicator somewhere in the menus so that you can adjust the signal buy calling the guy on the rooftop and telling him "left, right, right" (thats how airtel guys fixed the dish at my apt).

how about buying a indian stb and sneaking it to US? you may have to fiddle with the dish angle to get it properly. but the Failtel HD box that I had in India had an inbuilt signal level indicator somewhere in the menus so that you can adjust the signal buy calling the guy on the rooftop and telling him "left, right, right" (thats how airtel guys fixed the dish at my apt).

Won't work in the US. Will work in the middle east, Dubai etc. It has something to do with the direction in which the satellites beam their signals. Read about it a long time ago on saveondish.com forums.

I know that several people got the Tata Sky Dish and Box to China and got it fixed using a local guy there. It worked for them supposedly (I did not see). But won't work in US I think. Moreover I suppose, these Dish operators should be using geostationary satellites which means that signals can reach India and probably countries surrounding it but not at the other end of the world.

I didn't know chithram is pirating :( good you updated your research here... Otherwise next year I may gone for it because I see those boxes here in several places. Currently using yupp tv in a year subscription.

I didn't know chithram is pirating :( good you updated your research here... Otherwise next year I may gone for it because I see those boxes here in several places. Currently using yupp tv in a year subscription.
Yupptv is good for south Indian stuff, not for Hindi as most channels are not available in USA. Pretty stupid since they are one of the oldest legal Indian channels streaming service.

I checked one review of Chitram tv on YouTube and it actually looks pretty slick. Do you know anyone who is currently using chitram tv box and their 1 year subscription ? If it works fine all the time, I would go for that. Far cheaper than dishworld which is $45 per month.
It may be illegal and all but I don't think any company in India do anything about this. And demand for such a service is very high in foreign countries where lot of Indians are there. Yupptv is legal but no idea why they are not pushing to get rights for popular hindi channels.
So if you know personally someone using chitram and share your findings it would be great.

Too much trouble to watch 'Saas bhi kabhi bahoo thi' :D

With a wife at Home full day, I have to do this. Also I watch several programs on Hindi channels.

Btw I did some more research and found the following IPTV boxes

Real TV- claims to provide more than 400 Indian channels. Cost is $380 or so initial which includes the IPTV box and subscription for 1 year. But their website doesn't mention that the subscription is of only for one year and one had to recharge again. Basically this is deceiving. They charge $180 for subsequent year recharges.

Shava TV- claims to provide lot of channels and no subscription fees. Costs close to $300 for the box but no concrete reviews.

BTV - similar to shava

Jadoo TV - similar to above

SastaTV - they provide box as well as subscription without box. They clearly mention that the stuff doesn't come from their servers and they scour internet for links to live tv links. The other provides also do this only actually. Sasta tv charges $7.5 for 1 month service and $62 for one year. YouTube has a video review which I will be seeing. But rather than plonking $300 on those boxes I feel this sastatv 1 month is a better way to test.

If anyone knows websites where free streams are available do let me know or PM me.

Dishworld is a fallback option for me if nothing works out as this is a legal service.

Also if anyone here has friends or relatives in USA who use some sort of IPTV service to watch Hindi channels do ask them and reply here. Don't bother if they are using actual dish or something. I only have option of IPTV.

Back