Free Seedbox *read inside* :)

vishal2055

Disciple
Hello fellow pirates,

I have here a free seedbox to be given away to 1 user who is having ratio troubles.

Its not a seedbox per say, but a vps of very small processing power which I converted to a seedbox. This is a real bare bone box with only 2.5GB of harddrive and 500GB of bandwidth (upload+download) but its free :p

What can you do with this box you ask ? Run only one torrent at a time please. Download torrent of max size 1GB for ex 700mb movie or even smaller torrent and then let it seed.The speeds are pretty decent, was able to hit 6MB/s down and 2MB/s up. But its free right. So dont complain :bleh: Bottom line if you work the box then you should be able to put around 400GB of upload on your ratio at any site. Pretty nice eh :D

Pm me for link ..

Edit: Box gone to dhruvrock :)

don't mean to harm any1 but quite honestly 2.5gb space and the bandwidth specified too less, today u get boxes which are faster then this, i can get one which would have a 250gb space on am amd64 with 16gigs ram and a gig line for just 20GDP. then again, i understand this is a good thing done given free but then, i would still doubt the credentials and motive of such a person, one atleast i wouldn't trust.

I agree it very less and inadequate
But its free man ....
Whats the use of comparing it with 20GDP
Instead of criticizing it ask the OP about the security issues and compliment him

Hehe.. I was waiting for someone to come up with such an idea and to be frank I anticipated it in a way. Anyways vishalk, you are right, one should doubt about the motives and credentials. But in my defence I would like to say this, the only thing which I can harvest from the torrents is their passkeys.But then again I also need to be a member of that particular torrent site to make any use of it. This seedbox was offered to mostly those users who are on low level trackers and who could use a boost in their ratios. What can I possibly do with those low level trackers ? They are very easy to find. Higher level tracker users will go for their own boxes from proper sellers coz they are paranoid about their privacy and they should.I also believe in it.

Your points are valid, this box is really not meant for pro seeding. It's like a Luna, slow and steady and the freaking petrol is free :D. The idea of buffering is to increase the upload and thereby the ratio.A net connection with 1MB/s or 2MB/s (thats big B) is a welcome relief to our bandwidth strapped indian torrenteer. So people who are struggling with ratios can load one or two torrents and let them seed. The upload is what matters. :)

PS: FYI, I could have very well added another user and offered a slice to ubergeek. But I didnt coz that might have put dhruv in trouble if ubergeek also used the same tracker.

kuduku said:
I agree it very less and inadequate

But its free man ....

Whats the use of comparing it with 20GDP

Instead of criticizing it ask the OP about the security issues and compliment him

Don't take this wrong but the way you write is not you should be doing it, I mean pressing enter after each statement.

Got one more and details sent to ubergeek. Check your pm.

Thats it fellas for now ... if I get my hands on more I ll put them up here :)

vishal2055 said:
Got one more and details sent to ubergeek. Check your pm.

Thats it fellas for now ... if I get my hands on more I ll put them up here :)

I should of wrote that I also wanted one :p

Anyways , Good job . Remember guys this can largely improve your ratio on a tracker , Use wisely ;)

Yeah guys, if you managed to upload like 200GB or so and you feel its enough for you then pass it on to the next guy. :)

Just a small screen of its capability :

ZRqMO.jpg

vishal2055 said:
Hehe.. I was waiting for someone to come up with such an idea and to be frank I anticipated it in a way. Anyways vishalk, you are right, one should doubt about the motives and credentials. But in my defence I would like to say this, the only thing which I can harvest from the torrents is their passkeys.But then again I also need to be a member of that particular torrent site to make any use of it. This seedbox was offered to mostly those users who are on low level trackers and who could use a boost in their ratios. What can I possibly do with those low level trackers ? They are very easy to find. Higher level tracker users will go for their own boxes from proper sellers coz they are paranoid about their privacy and they should.I also believe in it.

Your points are valid, this box is really not meant for pro seeding. It's like a Luna, slow and steady and the freaking petrol is free :D. The idea of buffering is to increase the upload and thereby the ratio.A net connection with 1MB/s or 2MB/s (thats big B) is a welcome relief to our bandwidth strapped indian torrenteer. So people who are struggling with ratios can load one or two torrents and let them seed. The upload is what matters. :)

PS: FYI, I could have very well added another user and offered a slice to ubergeek. But I didnt coz that might have put dhruv in trouble if ubergeek also used the same tracker.

lol its not that, anyone who been on the scene long enuff and staff on trackers know what can it mean. We had a company do this in the past where it gave tons of users boxes to go on trial with and what happened is well known across the scene. I don't dismis ur efforts in helping, no harm but be quite sure of what u doing coz at the end of it all, u still have access to that box u have offered x to use.

vishalk said:
lol its not that, anyone who been on the scene long enuff and staff on trackers know what can it mean. We had a company do this in the past where it gave tons of users boxes to go on trial with and what happened is well known across the scene. I don't dismis ur efforts in helping, no harm but be quite sure of what u doing coz at the end of it all, u still have access to that box u have offered x to use.

Whats your point that he would hack your account ?

xtremevicky said:
Whats your point that he would hack your account ?

my point is, why would any1 buy u or even give u a free box ? if u been torrenting long enuff then u know what would i be meaning by it. Unless he has something to gain from this or he could be working for any1 tracking users, who knows. To me i see it this way, i don't say it to hurt or harm some1 but mark my words, this might just be another scam waiting to happen. Just think in a normal way why would some1 who doesnot know you at all, just knows u here by nick, out of courtesy buy u or even lend u a box? why? Is he so stupid? i don't think so, learn to read inbtw the lines guys, wake up!!

or is he getting us used to seedboxes so that we do rent one after getting used to it:):)
Maximum he will have commission in that
I would really like to know what can happen
I will pm IPT or TL mods that i am using a seedbox and I am quite safe after that
Please tell us or pm me any other worst case scenario

Hi, can you tell me from where'd you got your VPS? I am looking for a decent one for hosting a ShoutCast server.

I don't mind paying.

Thanks.

kuduku said:
or is he getting us used to seedboxes so that we do rent one after getting used to it:):)

Maximum he will have commission in that

I would really like to know what can happen

I will pm IPT or TL mods that i am using a seedbox and I am quite safe after that

Please tell us or pm me any other worst case scenario

well u seem to have made a good point here, i would be safe if the provider gives details from where the box is, who the host is, etc. tbh its ok to use a box and nothing wrong with it, but the manner in which it is done i am quite suspicious to that, even if one wants u to get used to boxes, one wouldnt give them to u free, afterall the bandwidth costs, space costs

He is giving it free and personally i feel in worst case scenario it will work for a month

The interest and desire to buy a reliable and cheap seedbox is quite high even in TE

If a good seedbox comes for 500/700 then its a sweetspot

OP can clarify the host and other issues which you have asked . Even he if takes a commission but gets a good deal it more than enough

But atleast enjoy the small seedbox for all those who have received it

I feel nothing can happen , PM mods of trackers about seedbox and you are safe . Let them see my tracker key I am not very particular about this security . I am not in US that authorities will come after me . And even if they decided to come they will already have enough masala to put me in .

OP please clear the air

Back