"Freedom 251," World's cheapest smartphone launched in India for 251rs.

PH0ENiX

Skilled
go to freedom251.com,click buy now.
U just got a quad core 1 gb ram 8gb rom smartphone for RS 251.00 NO NOT 25100 251.

Whats going on?

1crX251= 251Cr. In just one day Not a bad way to earn and ran.

Kidding... me also have the same thoughts looks more like a scam to me.

This has made a lot of noise in the national as well as international media. Is this being endorsed and/or subsidized by the govt?
The delivery time is 4 months.

They would delay the delivery indefinitely till it's actually feasible to sell a device with that configuration at that price. STAY AWAY, DON'T FALL FOR IT. THE IDEA IS THE COST IS SO LOW THAT PEOPLE WOULD GAMBLE WITH IT. Else they would force a monthly postpaid bill with this device.

http://www.flipkart.com/adcom-ikon-4/p/itmeenjaphyhvtfp?pid=MOBEENJ9PRPTM7KZ&ref=L:1211347553858175253&srno=p_1&query=adcom+ikon+4&otracker=from-search

Nothing "Made in India" or even "Assembled in India" about it. Looks like its the same phone as above (Adcom Ikon 4) and imported from china.

This looks like the BJP equivalent of the Akash scam if govt is in any way involved in supporting these people.

A lot of people who ordered the Akash tablet by paying 1500/.- didn't get them in the end. This looks similar, If 1 Lac people order it at 251, they already make 2.5 crore. They will ship to a few people and skimp on the rest. How many people will go though the hassle of taking them to courts in India for a mere 251 Rs.

I think the company screwed up by using another company phone as display / launch unit.
Their idea must be to take pre orders and then go into manufacturing with their own company and brand name.

I see a lawsuit or something very fishy going on. Wait & watch

I think they just got a sample of the phone that the Chinese factory supplies to Adcom. I don't think the phone would even be assembled in India even at a later stage.

Its easy to do scams in India and that too UP where law is further more easy to bend. The 'cutemohit' guy does not have too much backing and is a local guy from UP may be first generation entrepreneur. The customer care lines are busy, site gets crashed and hacked, chief guest out of sight from launch party, copyright issues, adcom denying any links with Freedom ..... where its going God knows. If this turns out to be a scam, people will loose money just due to greed, most think 251/- is a meager sum to invest, risk is least so either way, this will attract huge booking. Mohit knows the psyche of India, would it have been in US, may be inquiry may have been initiated. Lets hope this does not turn out to be a scandal.

Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi was present at the launch. Defence Minister Manohar Parikkar was also supposed to be present.
No kidding.

Back