Friends job @ stake testing new ISP (management mess)

Futureized

Skilled
My friend is a network (technical) guy, who has been assigned the task. (but not an internet savvy person to ask)
ISP services required for Parel East office.
Earlier providers were TATA earlier then Airtel (but discontinued cause management mess, were paid around 500000 p.a.)

New ISP is someone unknown from Dadar (costing around 5 lakh P.A.)
My friend does not trusts the NEW ISP at all, cause ISP is just new to field.
NEW ISP has setup fibre to friends last mile..

He has to test the new ISP next week starting Monday. they are providing upto 200 MBPS 2 way up/down
My friend is reluctant/not interested to get with this new ISP, but dumb management wants the same.

He has to test the new ISP from 1 single laptop (from 2015s) to approve/disapprove. (he can setup a small network of additional 3-5 pcs etc. for tests if needed)
Friends job is at stake now.
As few people from management will take away his job if new ISP comes in and some will take away if new ISP does not !!
Weird scenario.

On what room can he reject this new ISP, looking for technical suggestions..
Unless it proves best, give strong technical tests to conduct please.

Got replies from redit.. but non-Indian..
Hope anyone from same field or experience can share some thoughts..
For a friend again..

I want to see the Reddit replies. Can you link to that thread?

You're saying ISP is giving two dedicated lines?

For testing speeds, ask your friend to upload a ~4GB outlook PST file to a non-cached server. If the ISP caches Google drive etc, it's no use uploading to Google drive. If they don't cache Microsoft one drive, then upload there from one pc on one line. Download that PST file from another pc on the other line. Times should be close to or similar for similar speeds.

I can't comment on management drama since Indian's in management love to do that.

My friend is a network (technical) guy, who has been assigned the task. (but not an internet savvy person to ask)
ISP services required for Parel East office.
Earlier providers were TATA earlier then Airtel (but discontinued cause management mess, were paid around 500000 p.a.)

New ISP is someone unknown from Dadar (costing around 5 lakh P.A.)
My friend does not trusts the NEW ISP at all, cause ISP is just new to field.
NEW ISP has setup fibre to friends last mile..
If the new ISP is offering the same rate, why would you want to switch to an unknown ISP?
He has to test the new ISP next week starting Monday. they are providing upto 200 MBPS 2 way up/down
My friend is reluctant/not interested to get with this new ISP, but dumb management wants the same.

He has to test the new ISP from 1 single laptop (from 2015s) to approve/disapprove. (he can setup a small network of additional 3-5 pcs etc. for tests if needed)
Friends job is at stake now.
As few people from management will take away his job if new ISP comes in and some will take away if new ISP does not !!
Weird scenario.
Weird - its more like the entire management is weird or your friend is not technically competent.

Ask him to use a good laptop with a gigabit port to test speeds to a single laptop.

Post this, he should setup a router and check again with single device.

On what room can he reject this new ISP, looking for technical suggestions..
Unless it proves best, give strong technical tests to conduct please.

I would suggest to ask for testimonials and speed tests at existing customers of the ISP - this is usually more than enough.

Ask him the ISP name.

Back