[From Reddit] I'm becoming scared of Facebook.

I asked my friend who was wearing adidas running shoes which shoes was he wearing , he said "Boost" , next day i see facebook ad for Adidas Boost , major coincidence .

Yesterday talked to my friend about buying a flat, today Facebook ad about ready to move in flats, now I am sure Facebook spys using microphone and then shows ads

Yesterday talked to my friend about buying a flat, today Facebook ad about ready to move in flats, now I am sure Facebook spys using microphone and then shows ads

Are you sure you didn't search for a flat online or do some research about buying a flat before or after talking to your friend?

I don't think Facebook app would be able to listen in to conversations and dish out ads overnight. Maybe you can talk to your friend about something you're never interested in - like good schools in Peru or something and see if any similar ads show up? :p

I havent searched, i wasnt even looking for a flat, it was casual conversation , it has happened with facebook many times, i talk and i see a ad . Happened yesterday too .

I havent searched, i wasnt even looking for a flat, it was casual conversation , it has happened with facebook many times, i talk and i see a ad . Happened yesterday too .

Yup, if you so feel that FB has been spying on you, why not try some little experiment similar to what I suggested a couple of posts ago and let us know what happens. I for one would be very curious about your findings. So please do share :)

Yup! The more people help out, the better.
Hopefully you guys use something other than "school in Peru" - we don't want the results to be questioned because you read a TE thread that talks about it on more than one occasion ;)

I think some people not aware about the Facebook pixel, even though you are not searching or chatting with friends on Whatsapp. FB track you through their pixel.Most of the business have implemented FB pixel on their website so if you visit particular site, FB knows what you are searching or what are your interests. They have a custom audience pixel for retargeting website visitors, and conversion pixels for tracking website conversions such as sales. Just my 2 cents

Back