[From Reddit] I'm becoming scared of Facebook.

I think some people not aware about the Facebook pixel, even though you are not searching or chatting with friends on Whatsapp. FB track you through their pixel.Most of the business have implemented FB pixel on their website so if you visit particular site, FB knows what you are searching or what are your interests. They have a custom audience pixel for retargeting website visitors, and conversion pixels for tracking website conversions such as sales. Just my 2 cents
I dont know what you are talking about, here is another example, i saw an ad for chaipoint on fb, a day after a colleague asked me if had been to chaipoint .[DOUBLEPOST=1487687737][/DOUBLEPOST]Read this https://www.hackread.com/facebook-listening-user-conversation/

He mean that on some websites, there's an image file the size of a pixel hosted on Facebook servers. So they can log which pages you've visited.

Which is actually much more primitive than what Facebook is capable of.

I dont know what you are talking about, here is another example, i saw an ad for chaipoint on fb, a day after a colleague asked me if had been to chaipoint .[DOUBLEPOST=1487687737][/DOUBLEPOST]Read this https://www.hackread.com/facebook-listening-user-conversation/
A lot has changed in last 15yrs, people used go online to do things anonymously then ; Now people are forced to go offline to remain anonymous and maintain their right to privacy...

He mean that on some websites, there's an image file the size of a pixel hosted on Facebook servers. So they can log which pages you've visited.

Which is actually much more primitive than what Facebook is capable of.
kinda of but not exactly that https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/using-the-pixel
more info in case anyone interested

Usage
Track actions such as registering, purchasing items, and so on. These actions can be used to retarget audiences, find new customers, track conversions coming from your Facebook ads, and ultimately allow Facebook to automatically optimize your ads to result in more of these actions. We recommend adding the pixel to your site for the following use cases:

• Track and Optimize Conversions - Enable Facebook to both report back on the number of actions Facebook ads drive as well as allow Facebook to learn which people that see your ads are more likely to result in doing a certain action on your site, such as a purchase, and optimize the delivery of ads to result in more of these actions.

• Website Custom Audiences - Record page visits and actions from all visitors on your site, not just visitors that click on Facebook ads. Use this data to create Website Custom Audiences for retargeting with your Facebook Ads.
The pixel comes with standard events that you can use on your site. Standard events are able to be used for Custom Audiences, custom conversions, conversion tracking, and conversion optimization. Additionally, the pixel allows you to use custom events that are usable for Custom Audiences or custom conversions.

In the past, you had to use two different pixels to target Custom Audiences, track conversions and optimize for conversions. If you wanted to track different conversions you also had to add a different pixel on each for page for each action you wanted to track. The Facebook pixel combines all of these functions into a single pixel you add to your entire website and then use standard events or custom conversions to define the actions which matter to you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If Facebook could have listening to our conversations through our phone it could have been really taxing on our data plan as well as on our phone battery so it's very difficult to achieve.

One user was talking to a family member on the phone about another relative's cancer diagnosis, only to find ads for treatment centers. Another was offered a coupon for a restaurant they were chatting about with coworkers.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/facebook-listening-through-microphone-conspiracy-theory[DOUBLEPOST=1487862657][/DOUBLEPOST]The above is similar to what i have experienced over and over again , it has happened too many times, and i am not even consciously looking for ads

If you guys haven't been following the Vault 7 revelations from Wikileaks, it looks like anything and everything has a backdoor. If you're truly concerned about privacy anymore the only alternative is to go live in a jungle because the CIA is everywhere, what we've doubted for ages has been validated.
This is some of the info that has been confirmed so far in the leaks, no wonder they push these digital assistants like the Alexa and Echo on consumers so much, they might as well assign a policeman to your bedroom.

It5KOlO.jpg

Unrelated to Facebook, but I just messaged my teammates to 'eat dinner first' before having conference call. Suggestion box on top of keyboard was search for 'restaurants near me'.

If you guys haven't been following the Vault 7 revelations from Wikileaks, it looks like anything and everything has a backdoor. If you're truly concerned about privacy anymore the only alternative is to go live in a jungle because the CIA is everywhere, what we've doubted for ages has been validated.
This is some of the info that has been confirmed so far in the leaks, no wonder they push these digital assistants like the Alexa and Echo on consumers so much, they might as well assign a policeman to your bedroom.

It5KOlO.jpg

Expected.

Back