Front loading washing machine whirlpool professional (sports) or Lg doirect drive

Which one is better ? LG has 10 year motor warranty. SUD701 has been stopped and sports model is introduced. Please pour your suggestions.

Regards,
VIjay

Well both are good ,i would go with which ever is cheaper.

Todays brushless Motors hardly have any trouble and are completely maintaince free both have these.

The things that can go wrong are the control panel board and other plastic parts.

There is no fixed budget. 5.5kg lg direct drive with lcd panel comes around 24k another model with 800rpm spin speed is around 19.5k. There is a similar model 5.5kg without lcd display minus few functions for 22k. In comparison with whirlpool sports, LG looks superior both with build quality and inverter motor. This should save some power when running in part load. But the shop is willing to give 7kg whirlpool sports for 25K. This makes me little confused.

Regards,
Vijay

umm.. I would say I'm OK with 25-26K budget for the same. I can even go a bit higher if I'm getting better quality and after sales support. Any suggestions ?

Go with LG DD. 10yrs motor warranty sounds very good, since thats the part which will cost you most to repair if it ever clonks. But I think after 10years usage, you wont want to continue using it, there maybe other issues due to mechanical wear and tear. 800RPM is good enuf for chennai weather. I would not suggest Whirlpool, it looks cheap. BTW I got Samsung FL 6.5KG which I got for 32K two years ago.

How big is your family?

After 11.5 months of service. LG DD died yesterday. When the machine is turned on MCB is tripping. Luckily 15 days of warranty left :bleh: . Will let everyone know the outcome.

Regards,
Vijay

The service men ended up replacing all boards. Main mother board, display board, spin board(10K according to him). The warranty is 2 years, the reason for failure is low voltage. He suggested to take AMC package for 4 yrs which cost around 5K which includes all parts and SS drum. I am planning to put use of VEW400 for the washing machine. The service is excellent I can say. Being an Inverter washing machine which tossed up all the board due to the power issue, I must take ample precaution when I purchase Inverter A/C and also stabilizer is a must. I will better wait till we move to a society where we get decent and stable power supply.

Regards,
Vijay

Regards,
Vijay

Back