FS: Assorted Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranky

Skilled
OK here goes, another round of hardware sales. As usual for Mumbai buyers only. If you're not from Mumbai, please read the last para in this post.

If you have any questions on the conditions, mods, or any other thing, please post on the thread. Please don't ask for pics, come and see the stuff - you live in the same city, right? I don't have a camera and am not planning on one anytime soon.

For all audio items, auditions are possible.

Please PM for negotiations. I will lock the thread and ask a mod to delete any lowballers' posts. If you think the price is high, don't crap the thread, go away.

Common to all items: None of the items have any warranty except where explicitly stated.

1. Altec Lansing MX5021. Sold, delivered.

Description: Fully modded with Vishay and Panasonic crossover and coupling capacitors, key opamps changed out to NE5532, and lots of other mods. Sound nothing like the original, very fluid and balanced.

Price: 7,000 - yes, more expensive than a new one- you got a problem with that? Buy a new one!

2. Alien DAC PCI.

Description: Alien DAC built as bare board mounted on PCI bracket. Needs an internal USB connector (a 9-pin connector on most motherboards) to work. Uses very high-quality materials, including Panasonic FM and Nichicon Muse KZ capacitors. Brilliant partner to the MX5021 or other high-quality bookshelf/amp combos, much better specs than most entry-level cards. Described in more detail here: http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/ic-usb-audio-adapters-102433.html

Price: 3,400

3. Server case - generic. On Hold - Bikey

Description: Black server case, lookalike of the Antec Titan cases. This has 6 80mm fans prefitted, 4 of them on the top of the case. Is still serving duty in my main rig. Need to upgrade to a newer thing. It's pure 1mm steel, heavy as hell. Buyer has to give me 1 hour for disassembly.

Pics: Overclockers Forums - View Single Post - Cooler CPU but hotter everything else.

Price: 1,250

4. Antec TruePower 480. Sold, Delivered.

Description: Again, this runs my main rig currently. This is the version 1 of the supply, so it has a 30 amps + 12volt rail instead of the dual rails. Very good supply, capable of running with the best and far superior to the VIPs of the world.

Price: 1,500

5. 'Byte' generic 5.1 speaker system.

Description: As you guys know I can't resist breaking into stuff. This generic 5.1 system is actually pretty well-built, and sounds really good so I didn't make any changes in the amplifier. I replaced all the satellite drivers with high-quality Peerless full-range drivers, and the entire setup was rewired with heavy-duty plugs and wire. I have no reason to really sell this, it's my main gaming system currently.

Price: 3,000 for the whole set, including stands for the rear and cables for the PC connection.

6. Jamo E470 speakers. Sold, delivered

Description: These are heavily modded with new crossovers, drivers, wiring, padding and binding posts. I was quite disappointed with the original build quality once I had developed a good ear and eye for this sort of thing. The speakers are pretty good now, and can rattle a few walls with the right amp.

Price: 10,000 the pair.

7. Viewsonic VG2230WM. Sold, Delivered.

Description: The predecessor to the 3008WFP. No dead pixels, mint condition. 11 months warranty remain as of this posting (March 18, 2008). Same Chi Mei TN 5ms panel as every other 22" monitor out there, with the exception of Samsung. All cables supplied, has original box as well.

Price: 11,000

8. SB Live! Value 4.1

Description: They don't really make anything like this anymore. This has two DACs, one for the front and the other for the rear. All coupling caps were changed to Panasonic FC. The opamp for the rear changed to LM4562, also some severe mods were done to improve the output level and quality. Headphone output caps changed to Panasonic FM. The card sounds very good. To fully utilise the card's potential you should install the kxdriver and run the speaker off the rear output, but the normal Creative drivers will also work.

Note: This card is the world's first two-slot sound card. Due to some very large caps I could not fit all the caps on the 'correct' side of the board. As a result you will be unable to use the PCI or PCI Express slot just above the slot, if there are components on the other card. Please bring your other card if you want to double-check this.

Price: 1,450.

9. Thermaltake Silent Tower.

Description: Comes with a single universal mounting bracket for everything except AM2/AM2+. Kept all my processors below 50 degrees, including a hot and highly overclocked T-Bred B. Base is lapped with 2000 grit sandpaper, ruler-flat. C2D compatible, slightly shorter than TRUE due to 90mm fan. Requires removal of motherboard and installation of bracket. Needs 4 holes around CPU socket or removal of 939/754/478 factory bracket.

Price: Rs. 950.

10. Leadtek 8800 GTS 640MB (G80) Sold, delivered

Description: Performance just below the 9600GT. still able to play games at 1680x1050. Selling due to upgrade to SLI setup to feed my 30" monster display. No mods, no overclocking, totally stock condition. Bought from Prime, 1 year local warranty still remains on the card. Original box, accessories and game CDs are all present and included, some unopened. Product Link: Leadtek - We make dreams a reality

Price: 8,250.

Clarifications for buyers outside Mumbai.

In case you're interested in any of the items, please see if you can get a local contact to deal with me - I can accept payment directly from you, but the item needs to be handed over in the city. Long-lost childhood friend, uncle, divorced partner, colleague or associate. The couriers in my area refuse to carry anything other than a letter. I've not even managed to send a bunch of loose parts to Bangalore for a member. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey Sangram, I am looking for some good 5.1 speaker system for my gaming/movie needs. The "byte" stuff you mentioned sounds good, care to show a picture of the same?

I don't have a camera and am not planning on one anytime soon.

Sorry, no pics...

The sound is what I would look at. The speakers don't look new by any stretch of the imagination, since they have quite a few miles on them. You're welcome to take a look and listen.

I don't have a camera and am not planning on one anytime soon.

Link to a online pic of the cabby or its lookalike- please. )

Even cell cam pics, however dull, are welcome- esp one side pic with side panel open to guage internal space/layout. :p

care to put on hold the sound card for me ?
Edit: Oopsie..
the card seems to be DAC .. the one meant for MX 5021 rite?
cant afford that atm.. have ordered my psp :S

NP, in any case sales are for Mumbai buyers or people who can pick up in Mumbai, so sorry!

Updated description on Creative soundcard in OP.

Wouldn't mind if you have something interesting for trade.

yea i do ..
i got abt 1.5 year old MX 5021 .. which i wd gleefully trade with ur 3 year old MX 5021... :eek:hyeah:

Hows that ?? :p
On a more serious note.. Best of Luck for ur clearance sale.

sangram said:
Here ya go:
Cooler CPU but hotter everything else. - Overclockers Forums
Post no. 16,17 and 18 (all by me) have the pics from a very bad camera, but they'll give you an idea of the space. The posts also describe the case quite well.

THANK YOU dada. :D

Can't make out clearly but meesa think that's a 'Power' brand (iirc) heavy guage steel server case i had seen in lammy in 2005. :p

I am dropping in for a dekko and demo of your other goodies- and also plan to take something else that caught my eye. :eek:hyeah:

OK a little bird told me to put the MX5021 and Alien DAC on hold again.

Order: 1. Vandal, 2. burnz.

Auditions/demos are still open though!

Cabinet on hold for Bikey.

PM me with your offers for the rest of the stuff! As mentioned, open to trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back