FS: Athlon XP cpu+mobo combo; Fx 5200 256MB agp

Status
Not open for further replies.
A8V dlx has agp8x slot and if i am not mistaken, FX5200 agp 256MB is also agp 8x.:p
Someone please confirm this.:ashamed:

Hi

Problem is that both are 8x AGP but card slot interface has to be checked out.

I have seen slot interface from GPUReview.com, It does not match. So No hope.

Hi

Vivek thank you. But I am confused over the notches available in the card. It is only one key in AGP Slot. But the card has two key holes apart from the one for holder.

That is why I am under confusion.

Any way let me thinkover. Thanks.

Totally forgot about this thread- will try to post pics soon.
I don't have a digicam or phone with cam.:ashamed:

@ Lecameleon- u mean the athlon XP 2000+ and the Asus A7N266VM SE?:huh:

softwheels said:
HI

The card is not suitable to a8v Deluxe. So, sorry. No use for me.
:hap2:

Lord Dagon- i think u just need to have the sticker on the card mentioning DOP and yrs of warranty intact.:ashamed:

Hi,
What do you say?
Any way, I am not sure, if the card will be usable in my board. If you know, if the card works with A8V-Deluxe. We shall finalize the deal. If it doesn't then you should take back. I am confused on seeing its slot offsets only. There is a difference in motherboard agp slot and in the card. My Agp slot shows only 1 (Keyhole) and 2 offset notches inside the AGP socket. Where as FX5200 has 2(keyhole) and 3 offset notches. How will it fit in to the AGP socket?
Please refer the ASUS mother board pics and your card for compatibility. If anyone surely knows that it works also I can go ahead.
Thanks.

Ya- softwheels was interested but he ain't sure about compatibility.:p
I was feeling the 2 slots are to make the card agp4x back compatible- one for 8x slots and one for 4x slots.:ashamed:

Vivek did say on this thread that the card should work fine as he had the same combo.:S

I can assure that it won't be DOA but i can't risk someone else's card just in case something goes wrong there.
Will help with warranty though.:)

predatorvj said:
guyies i have FX 5200. thats of 128 mb card .AGP 8X.
only for 600rs

+shipping.

underwarranty .

if any 1 is intrested PM me

Great deal.:hap2:

(but i will prefer you not hijacking any thread.:cool2: )
Bump for my friend's card.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back