FS: Canon EOS 88 SLR camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon

Skilled
I am selling this camera on behalf of my uncle. It is in mint condition and rarely used. He is selling this SLR camera along with the Canon EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6 lens.

Something about the camera :

The EOS 3000 combines simplicity with sophistication offering complete SLR functionality at an affordable price. The design and ease of use of the EOS 3000 allows the user to capture the shot that they require. A carefully designed body and tough exterior which is a handy size and offers convenient operation. A bright viewfinder details all the exposure information. The command dial used in conjunction with the large LCD screen displays all the required film and battery information as well as chosen camera settings. A wide area 3 point autofocus system means that the EOS 3000 is able to rapidly identify the main subject of an image and maintain a sharp focus, even with subjects on the move. The EOS 3000 also incorporates Canon's AIM control system (Advanced Intergrated Multipoint). This allows the EOS 3000 to analyse the information provided by the three focusing points and the 6 zone evaluative light metering sensor.

Lens Mount : Canon EF
Camera Type : SLR (Single Lens Reflex)
Film Type : 35mm
Battery Type : 2 x 3V Lithium Battery (CR123A)

Focus Type : Autofocus • Manual Focus
Focus Lock : With Focus Lock

Interchangeable Lenses : Interchangeable Lenses

Shutter Speed : 30 - 1/2000 sec
Max Flash Sync Speed : 1/90 sec

ISO Range - Automatic Setting : ISO 25 - 5,000
ISO Range - Manual Setting : ISO 6 - 6,400
Frames per Second : 1 fps
Manual Shooting Modes : Program Shift • Aperture Priority • Shutter Priority • Fully Manual
Light Metering Modes : Evaluative Metering • Partial Metering
Auto Exposure : Yes

Red Eye Reduction : Yes
Flash Guide Number (ft) : 12

Bulb Shutter Speed : With Bulb Shutter Speed
Panorama : Yes
Self Timer : Yes
Automatic Shooting Modes Fully Auto • Macro • Night • Sports • Portrait
Film Transport : Film Auto Transport Loading • Rewind • Prewind
Viewfinder
Viewfinder Frame Coverage : 90 %
Viewfinder Magnification : 0.7X
Dimensions
Height 9.2 cm
Width 14.5 cm
Depth 6.2 cm
Weight 5.6 kg

Price : 5000

I am extremely sorry but pardon me as i am a total n00b.

Your sale title says EOS 88 and the description says EOS 3000?:S

its decent cam adi. Posting pics taken by this camera will mean scanning the pics and that will screw the pics for sure. Unless he got his negatives scanned from studio into digital pics no point posting pics.

I have this SLR with me. I never used it much as I love using my FM10 instead in full manual mode but its not a bad camera as far as pic quality goes. You can be sure of that.

Just inspect mirror and prism while buying any SLR camera.

I'd be interested only in the camera, but first like someone already said, maybe you could post pictures of the camera.

Also any note of the number of shutter actuations, etc?

Thanks for your replies guys, yes as eddy has righly pointed out the camera is known under 2 names (3000 & 88). I will ask my uncle if he has any scanned pics from this camera.

@apsk121 : Are you saying that you only want the camera body or you want the body with lens ? And do you want pictures of the camera or from the camera ?

About the shutter actuations ill ask my uncle about it. :)

Funky said:
its decent cam adi. Posting pics taken by this camera will mean scanning the pics and that will screw the pics for sure. Unless he got his negatives scanned from studio into digital pics no point posting pics.
I have this SLR with me. I never used it much as I love using my FM10 instead in full manual mode but its not a bad camera as far as pic quality goes. You can be sure of that.

I don't think a film SLR body plays any role in the quality of pictures that come out of it. All depends on the lens and film. People who ask samples of pictures from the camera are n00bs. Also this camera has a pentamirror and no prism IIRC. BF1983 if you are interested in selling the body only for half the price, let me know. I have no interest in that 35-80mm.

I'm extremely sorry I'm backing out since I'm planning a Nikon system so the Canon purchase wont exactly help me.

Best of luck with the sale!

Chaos said:
I don't think a film SLR body plays any role in the quality of pictures that come out of it. All depends on the lens and film. People who ask samples of pictures from the camera are n00bs. Also this camera has a pentamirror and no prism IIRC. BF1983 if you are interested in selling the body only for half the price, let me know. I have no interest in that 35-80mm.

I know. But the mirror gets spoiled over time in any SLR camera if not stored properly or not taken proper care while changing lens.
Thats what i meant. And this is semiauto cam with option to go fully auto or manual and if you dont plan to use it in manual mode then camera does make little difference. Camera metering plays important role there.
Personally if you dont use manual mode I call that person not worth of using SLR :p
And never liked the feel of this camera. I am very choosy when it comes to SLR bodies :p
FM10 with leather body cover FTW here ;)

Err exactly what do you mean by fully manual? Do you mean to say disable autofocus or the M mode in the dial?

Chaos said:
Err exactly what do you mean by fully manual? Do you mean to say disable autofocus or the M mode in the dial?

Yes,
The camera has fully automatic focus, however you can turn of the drive to the lens by pushing a button, and then manually focus the lens

Funky said:

Having worked for Zeiss for 23 years and training customers on how to look after the camera, my camera is stored in a dessicator, the body is exactly as it was - new. The lens has not a dust particle on it, and the prism / mirror is spotless

Anish said:
High-res pictures of the cam please :)

. If you are seriously interested, pls send me an e-mail so that I can arrange that you get a hands on look at the camera.I can also send a high res picture of the camera to your e-mail. Size apporx 2mb+There is no better way than to check it out personally. Having worked with Zeiss for 23 years my camera is maintained in perfect condition

^ And here i thot the 1983 in ur nick signifies ur year of birth..
shockrs4.gif

</OT>

Sorry it took so long to upload the pics. But here it is, still in mint condition as you can see. :)

Mods please place the image on the first post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back