FS - iPhone for 7K - Please read description

Status
Not open for further replies.

superczar

Skilled
Posting this on behalf of a friend

Now while I was looking out for a broken phone, (http://www.techenclave.com/market/wtb-broken-iphone-122833.html)

I came across this borked iphone that belongs to a colleague (4GB)..
Apparently his GSM antenna fizzled out which led to a phone that has weak reception (3-4 bars where I get 5, none where I get 2-3) (Only GSM antenna..., wifi and Bluetooth work perfect)
Now seems like this guy tried to fix it on his own and ended up screwing up his back cover too (he ended up bending one edge, but couldn't manage to open it)

If you are a hardcore DIY guy, you may even be able to fix it
DealExtreme: $3.05 Replacement Internal Antenna for Apple iPhone
Having said that, everything else is in perfect shape and it works well as an ipod Touch (and even a phone if one is willing to live with bad reception :lol:)

Now this kinda doesn't fit my need as I just need a battery (definitely) and a back cover (and this one doesnt fit that need)

It may be a good buy for someone looking for a cheap ipod touch or someone willing to repair it or is looking for parts for his iphone

Now plz don't crap the thread..

a) I am just quoting the price this guy asked for
b) I sold Rave's iPhone (long story) with a broken digitizer (touchscreen non functional) to a guy for $150 who was looking for replacement parts
c) Just the screen replacement costs over 8K

I will post detailed pics (with clear images of the backpanel bent) tonight

Attachments

• iph.JPG
    iph.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 307
Arre Stalker, I have already attached a (rather blurred) pic..It's just that I need a better camera to get a macro shot of the bent panel (phone cam won't do) as it is far better to set the right expectation at the start than to put a blurry pic that hides the flaws

So the bent panel pics pending for tonight

here you go
Notice the weak bars and bend on lower right corner

--n
img1203ke1.jpg

-n
img1210tt5.jpg

Closeup of bend:

By super_czar
With Cover - the bend cannot be seen

-n
img1211sx9.jpg

For comparison of signal, the same SIM in my phone at the same location

-n
img1208pk1.jpg

if anyone buys this and uses the screen, can i have the rest of it :p ?

mesa wants some ipod - ish storage , since my car stereo supports only ipods and no usb stuff

@abhi.. i was referring to the fact that your originally uploaded pic din't have any name tags. for that matter. i can't seem to see them in the new pics either.

hmm, true..anyway, the phone is @ my home now and I am at work..can add another pic in the evening today
Having said that, the date is clearly visible on the face of the phone itself :p
My nick stays missing though

@ hacker, clean your inbox man, cant PM you anymore.

Am online on rockfella_killswitch@yahoo.com

MSN makes me sick... sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back