FS: Q6600 B3 Stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.

starchazer

Disciple
Selling my currently in use Q6600 B3.

I purchased it last year from vivek. :(

The CPU has never been overclocked. The unused Stock heatsink will also be provided along with the copy of the bill.

Reason for sale: getting the GO stepping

Picture (this is all i could take, don't want to turn off my system to take the pic):
quadb3pv4.jpg

Asking price: 5.5k shipped anywhere in India.

Please don't lowball.

PM or reply here. :)

I am ready to buy it. Please check your pm and send me your bank detals for the transaction.

Thanks
Saidu

OK its on hold for saidu followed by NeViLLe. I'll sell this once i get a new processor to replace this, since i don't have a spare processor and this is the one i am currently using. :)

In case you don't get a G0 stepping on the forum... are you still gonna sell the processor??

My guess is that you're not gonna sell it... ;)

Awesome pricing :)

[OT]can understand migration to E7200, But is to worthy to spend 3.5k in G0, even if OCing newer batches have very high VID.[/OT]

SidhuPunjab said:
Awesome pricing :)

[OT]can understand migration to E7200, But is to worthy to spend 3.5k in G0, even if OCing newer batches have very high VID.[/OT]

its a waste to go for e7200 from this. the q6600 will crush the e7200 in cpu multi core softwares.

with that said it doesnt seem to make sense to go for the g0 stepping also from this.

Well, i intend to make a new rig with Q6600 GO. I'll be using it on my current rig only temporarily. Waiting for the price drops to reflect in India. Might go for Q9xxx then.

Don't go for it IMHO esp since prices are tumbling very fast right now. the Q6600 G0 is itself an awesome one with 8mb cache...and the G0 stepping is a brilliant OCer from my experience.

Went as high as 3.68 (480x8) though now at 3.36(420x8) 24/7 held back by my value ram not keeping pace with the proc(currently at 1:1 - 840Mhz).Previously, wasnt able to go any higher than 2.9-3 Ghz using the B3 stepping and that too was with random BSODs.

Hope u find ur G0 one and enjoy it for the time being.

stormblast said:
u always hear a lot of things about quads bikey.
need i remind you about the q6600. hehe

Not stuff i hear from you or Funky or other gurus na. :p

You know who gave me that piece of info you always have a field day grilling me since. :(

Never believe what he and some others like him say- mentally undernourished (read 'inattentive' and 'callous') they are. :p
About Q9550- i have heard that Q9450 was already marked EOL by Intel some months back and the Q9550 replaces it at the same 14-15K odd price point- as the lower multi on 9450 wasn't proving good for sales over the much cheaper Q6600.

A reason why some peeps here havent got the Q9450 yet and waiting for the Q9550 rates to drop. :ashamed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back