FS: Windows Vista Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocked

Disciple
Looking for a quick sale here in Mumbai itself, will be leaving on Tuesday..

Otherwise will have to ship from some other location (could be Chandigarh..)

Both 64bit and 32bit DVD's in the pack, as clearly shown in the attached pic

Price drop 10k + shipping

Won't sell the DVDs seperately

Attachments

• Image(010).jpg
    Image(010).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Image(011).jpg
    Image(011).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Image(012).jpg
    Image(012).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 200
Gurpartap Singh said:
This is retail version right? If so, is the case packaging available?

I don't know if it is the retail version or the OEM version..I mean it is not written anywhere whether it is retail version or OEM

The case is not available, it was given to me as it is..

Can any senior member comment whether it is retail or OEM version..

need the clearer picture of the disc ( cant see the writing on the disc clearly to compare againt my discs. )
Also you can call microsoft support toll free numbers of india and confirm with them if its retail or OEM ( using the serial no)

Gurpartap Singh said:
This is retail version right? If so, is the case packaging available?

I don't know if it is the retail version or the OEM version..I mean it is not written anywhere whether it is retail version or OEM

The case is not available, it was given to me as it is..

Can any senior member comment whether it is retail or OEM version..

This looks like the student version of Vista sold in universities for 5-10$. I suggest this thread be locked.

Please post a close up of the disc so that the writing is clearly visible

overclocked said:
Will get the complete information by tommorrow, when the microsoft support is available..

Hi Folks

Just called up Microsoft Support to check on the retail or the OEM version, the customer support guy confirmed that this is a "Retail Version"..I asked him for a written confirmation but he failed to provide it..

I don't wish to create any problems but from what I have read/noticed is that a retail version of Vista will never be provided without a box ( even MS says so. It has to be a student/oem version. Maybe, it could even be the msdn version, but most of the times msdn versions are provided by download and not on physical media.
Also, Vista Ultimate OEM can be had for ~150 at many online stores ( sometimes for ~99 )
I recommend you confirm with MS again, and also ask the place where you bought it from. If it is a retail copy you must have bought it, it shouldn't have been offered with a system preinstalled

Sorry about this - But i am working for Microsoft and i want to tell you that this media is given to employees. I have 2 copies of it. Those are genuine but not meant for sale. You will not get this DVD in market for sale or for that matter any where for sale. I don't want to crap this thread but i want to make sure that everything that is sold here is good and for the benefit of the TE user.

overclocked said:
Any takers??
No One interested after finding that it is a retail version??

You'll make a quick sale despite of any illegalities involved in it, if you share the inside out about how you sourced it, why are you selling, or anything else that is related.

I was looking to get Vista for desktop, but I still don't have that much $$$ for Microsoft :p

abhee24 said:
Sorry about this - But i am working for Microsoft and i want to tell you that this media is given to employees. I have 2 copies of it. Those are genuine but not meant for sale. You will not get this DVD in market for sale or for that matter any where for sale.

I can second that, I also have the same dvds but those are the beta ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back