FTP Download speed capped at 1.4mbps

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
Don't know if this is the right section to gain maximum visibility... but let me continue in this section.

I'm using Win 7, x64, filezilla as primary workstation.
Everything was smooth for over a year, my download upload speed were over 10+mbps both side.

But 2 from last 2 weeks, mt ftp speed is capped at 1.4mbps/ thread. i have not made any changes at my end except regular filezilla auto-updates.

reached out to FTP provider, they verified and said everything is fine at their end and they said my ISP is throttling FTP. Connect with ISP (ACT) looks like they don't even know what is ftp and what is throttling.

I have reinstalled filezila as well , without much of success.

can anyone help me in this regard, what could go wrong?

FTP provider, ISP, router ?

if i use MacOS & filezilla speed is capped at 2.3mbps :|

Please help !

Normally, it could be related to server. I don't think any ISP differentiate between FTP or HTTP traffic. That's my guessing though.

@meetdilip ,
service provider are hostdime & hostgator. Both saying everything is clear from their end and putting blame to ISP, ISP saying its server isseu.

see image below ..
8PdYvXB.jpg

doest it gives any any hint or problem

im unable to access public linux distro FTP such as ftp.lip6.fr

Have you tried sftp instead of plain ftp? You said "they dont know what is FTP" but the "they" may just be a poor customer care exec. The actual network backend engineers very well might know it and are intentionally blocking it.

Try running it via a VPN and see.
working fine via VPN.
speed touching 2mbps, i guess that's the max speed of VPN.[DOUBLEPOST=1499499065][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried sftp instead of plain ftp? You said "they dont know what is FTP" but the "they" may just be a poor customer care exec. The actual network backend engineers very well might know it and are intentionally blocking it.
plain ftp not allowed in this server, only SFTP.[DOUBLEPOST=1499499327][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.naavi.org/wp/act-broadband-blocks-ftp-access-clients/ -- ACT

Last edited:
Back