Budget 31-40k Full HD 15.6 i5 7th gen, 4GB DDR4 1TB HDD Laptop. Looking for Reliability,build quality Dell/HP/Asus

cool_cat

Adept
Hi,
I've bought one laptop already (HP 15-bs539tu) for a relative and it is going good and was a great VFM purchase. (Though, it needed a bios/uefi update which fixed a random issue of long booting time with Windows 10).

Now, I'm looking for a Laptop to use for work with the same specifications as above or better for around 37-38K. i.e., Core i5 7th gen, 4GB DDR4, 1TB hdd, Full HD 15.6" Display. What I'm also looking for is (1) supports Linux (2) slots for expanding RAM without opening the laptop (3) Easy to replace keyboard . Above all ruggedness and good build quality.

What I found after searching online:
1. Dell Inspiron 3567 https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Inspiron...5634575&sr=1-4&keywords=Dell+Inspiron+15-3567

^^ This model has only 720p screen and has a RHS touchpad not responsive as per amazon feedback.

2. DELL INSPIRON 5567 CORE i5-7200 7TH GEN/4GB/1TB/2GBGRAPHICS/15.6"FHD/UBUNTU/GREY

http://www.ebay.in/itm/DELL-INSPIRON-5567-CORE-i5-7200-7TH-GEN-4GB-1TB-2GBGRAPHICS-15-6-FHD-UBUNTU-GREY/222596552040?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20140616150416&meid=3cc7d9b51bf348979b2947ddeedde5c1&pid=100156&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=202004952093&_trksid=p9999999.c100156.m2829&clkid=7560764996160481534&_qi=RTM2266063

^^ With a coupon code, If I buy online this model comes below 40K. Don't know if this has Dell India Warranty available. (Really don't know how reliable this eBay dealer is!)

Any other recommendations? What is the latest gen AMD equivalent for Intel Core i5 7th gen? How are AMD powered laptops? Still heating issues etc ?

Last edited:
Dell 3567 is a Garbage laptop, I bought it 3 months back. Display is poor (1/5), Performance with 5400rpm drive is not satisfactory.

Requesting you to check out any model first hand in company outlets before hand.

Caution: Also Intel is selling M parts as i series.

Last edited:
Dell 3567 is a Garbage laptop, I bought it 3 months back. Display is poor (1/5), Performance with 5400rpm drive is not satisfactory.

Requesting you to check out any model first hand in company outlets before hand.

Caution: Also Intel is selling M parts as i series.
I would have chosen HP Notebooks (15-bs539tu); But, the keyboard replacement or RAM expansion all needs complete disassembling of the laptop that needs to be done by an expert. I've had an HP Envy 4-1215DX Ultrabook bought from USA and knows how hard it was to re-assemble everytime keyboard fails. :(

If not Dell Inspiron 3567 , Is there any other recommendations? Especially Asus. Yes, sure I'm going to check with dealers here in Kochi.

Lenovo is a decent bet.

I spoke to 2 top multi brand retailers here in city. HP and Lenovo contribute to 55% of their sales and the feedback is also good. Apparently demand for Dell isn't that much in the last 2-3 years. I came to know very late about this shop has laptop of 6 brands, All at best prices..

I'd recommend going and checking out the laptop in person at Company outlets, so the laptop doesn't have surprise for you when you open it.

Lenovo is a decent bet.

I spoke to 2 top multi brand retailers here in city. HP and Lenovo contribute to 55% of their sales and the feedback is also good. Apparently demand for Dell isn't that much in the last 2-3 years. I came to know very late about this shop has laptop of 6 brands, All at best prices..

I'd recommend going and checking out the laptop in person at Company outlets, so the laptop doesn't have surprise for you when you open it.
Yeah, I visited a couple of distributor-dealers in Kochi like IMC, Sree Info and Dell exclusive showrooms. Except IMC who seems to be Dell dealers rest of the market seems to be full of HP laptop supporters. They are telling Dell service is not so great here unlike big metros. Also, many are telling some Dell laptop models have problems with the hinges, hard and slow responsive touchpad problem etc. I don't know the truth in this.

OK. I'm finalizing on HP 15-bs576tx which seems to be good. Price expected is Rs43000 on shops. Any comparable models with Full HD display I cannot find at this budget. This laptop seems to be the new version of HP ay503tx which seems to have a good reputation.

My query is, I'm very tempted to purchase from PayTmmall with their Rs 8000 discount offer resulting in Rs37000. Anybody knows if this really works out such that I can pull back the refunded amount from Paytm wallet to bank a/c? Is the dealer reliable? (TechDeal365, Hyderabad, Telangana).

Bought HP 15-BS576TX for Rs44350 from Kochi. I would've saved 4000-8000 rupees if bought online. Still, wanted to purchase from a store. Good Laptop with average build quality. The display decal portion is not thick and flex is a little more than I liked. Still, this is the best available at this price range. Installing Windows 10 was a PITA because of the discrete graphics and the time HP support software takes to download even with a 20mbps connection.

Back