Video Full HD or 4k TV around 35k

evilwit

Disciple
Hey guys
From a very long period of time I was waiting for my CRT to die so that I can get a LED TV for all those high definition movies and clips.The time has come.The CRT is on its verge to die.And it's time for a new TV.My requirements are below
Screen size-32 to around 40
Budget -Around 35k
Brands-LG,Samsung,Sony,Philips,VU

Now some of you wonder how can I get a 4k TV in this range.Actually on flipkart there are some brands like VU and Micromax.So my questions-

Can I go for brands I mentioned above(VU)?How is the after sales services of these brands(VU)?
How does VU does servicing?Because I am unable to find any service center in Patna.
What would you do if you were in my place?Would you have gone for a branded 32in full HD or or a newer brand 40in 4k?

Should I go for 4k or full HD?I will mainly be watching 1080p/720p movies and few channels I like.But since I have a CRT TV now so I am subscribed to SD connection.But once I get a new TV I will buy a new/upgrade connection to full HD.Because AFAIK one or two companies offer 4k DTH and in that too the channels are very less.So it's impractical. So I would like to ask how is it like playing a 1080p content on 4k?And how is it like playing 4kcontent on on full HD !

I own a macbook air.So is it possible to play video files on my TV using a HDMI cable?I want that my TV should be the main screen and even if I close the lid of the macbook the movie should continue to play and sound should come out from the speakers of the Tv even if the lid is closed.This way I can save the money of a media player.If it's not possible then kindly read on,

I download/purchase a lot of movies online.And they are in various formats.So I want a media player preferably with Android OS so that I can use MX Player as my movie player.It should be powerful enough to play 4k videos and should support all the formats.I don't want any fancy features like wifi,inbuilt storage etc.It should have solid format support and USB ports so that I can connect my portable HDD/pendrives.Budget as low possible. But don't like to compromise on quality.

That's it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Get the largest size Full HD TV you can get in your budget of 35k, 4K will be useless for another 5-10 years in India. So, Micromax and VU 50 inch TV should be in your budget and later you can buy extended warranty to 3 years for both the brands.

The part where you mentioned about "closing the lid of the MacBook and the movie still continues to play" ... Not gonna happen buddy! You can set the brightness setting in your MacBook to zero, so the MacBook's display alone becomes blank, and the TV continues to play the movie with its speakers at its original brightness setting. Changing the brightness settings on your MacBook won't change those on the TV. Hope this helped! :)

Get the largest size Full HD TV you can get in your budget of 35k, 4K will be useless for another 5-10 years in India. So, Micromax and VU 50 inch TV should be in your budget and later you can buy extended warranty to 3 years for both the brands.
Thanks for the reply.I would prefer brands like micromax and vu only for 4k because of the reason they are affordable.Anyways I zeroed down on LG 43in FHD.I am getting 44k after the discount they are offering.My side negotiotion is still left.So it would be a good deal if they lessens the price by even by 2-3k.

The part where you mentioned about "closing the lid of the MacBook and the movie still continues to play" ... Not gonna happen buddy! You can set the brightness setting in your MacBook to zero, so the MacBook's display alone becomes blank, and the TV continues to play the movie with its speakers at its original brightness setting. Changing the brightness settings on your MacBook won't change those on the TV. Hope this helped! :)
Ya sure it did help.I appreciate it.Do you have any experience with media boxes specially with Android OS?How much they cost?Any specific model you wanna recommend?I am prefering Android OS because it is capable of installing MX player which can play almost any format in this world.And the second thing is it should be potent enough to play 1080p and if it supports 4k it would be icing on the cake.Thanks

Back