Video Full WIfi enabled CCTV setup for apartment

Hello

A friend of mine has just moved into an 3 bedroom apartment

They are a couple with 2 kids and they are both working

So they want to install 3-4 CCTV cameras around the house so that they can monitor on line from office on Thor phones or computer how the children are being cared for after they are back from school in their absence

They have a broadband connection at home.

As it is a rented apartment, they would want a wireless system so that cabling can be avoided

Any advice on the configuration and solutions will be appreciated

As I am in Bangalore I will be going to S P Road on Monday but any guidance before that will be helpful

Thanks for advising

You will need to choose a vendor - Hikvision/CP-Plus/etc, each will have their respective WiFi IP camera. Avoid using any local vendor or unknown no name vendor.

Do they need recordings? If yes, then a NVR too is needed.

The internet connection should be having a public IP - mention CCTV plan and they will get the needful.

Ensure that the WiFi coverage is good so that it can reach everywhere.

Alternatively, they can look at options from Xiaomi/Motorola baby camera, I have no experience with them.

As for no wiring, I would suggest to have a word with the owner, and suggest that they will leave the camera's in place when they vacate the flat, this will will be better than having wireless cameras installed. And cheaper too! However, they should go with IP camera's, if budget is an issue then HD CVI or even analog.

Hello

Thanks for the information

Actually the apartment is under company lease and any changes to the agreement is very lengthy so would like to use wired cameras only as the last resort

Price is not a major issue as long as it is value for money . Will be going for IP cameras with NVR
Let me see the cameras available on SP Road as they stock most brands

Will check the internet plan with the vendor

Thanks for advising

Run wires with double sided tape. 4 1080p cams from hikvision with each around 2.5k maybe more if you want a POE (Power over ethernet), an NVR thats also connected to your router.

Wifi cams have reliability issues. Especially with 24/7 usage and number of wifi networks around these days. They will also be prohibitively expensive around 5-6k per cam.

sorry for barging into this thread but i wanted to know,whats the cheapest a home cctv system can get (3~ cameras)?i also looked at cctv camera over aliexpress/dhgate are they worth it?

^ I would advice against purchases from AliExpress for things such as CCTV unless its just for the sake of having it. If you have reliability issues, no one can help, except chinese forums, and you would need to learn mandarin or google translate.

The cheapest that you will need to pay for a home setup is as follows - I am looking at brands such as hikvision/cp plus/zicom etc, and this is an analog setup.

Cameras (3) + DVR (4 channel) ~ 4200 + 3000 ~ 7.2K
HDD ( 1TB, WD Purple) ~ 4.5K

These are broad estimates. Additionally, wiring would be additional, depending on 3+1 or RG6 + 2 pair.

Coming back to topic, I agree, WiFi cams can and will have reliability issues. How about investing extra in powerline adapters? This will negate the need to run wires everywhere, and will work as well!

you may buy from aliexpress.
there are some good companies there.
you may go for one of these,
DO NOT buy un supported hardware. The biggest issue in CCTVs is usability, rather than cost. Good cameras and DRV/NVR are very important cause they run 24/7 and the purpose is much more important. No point if it doesnt work when you need it the most.

Hello

I visited S P Road today

I was advised to buy HI focus wifi IP 1 MP cameras which do not require any wiring except a power source
I can run 4 cameras at a time and see the feed on my mobile
The price is about 3.5 k each and come with 1 year warranty
The backup is nearly 2 days through a 32 GB SD card to be purchased separately
They have a local service setup.

This suits my requirements fully

Any idea on the reliability of the cameras ?

Thanks for advising

Heard of hi focus, but do not know anyone who has installed it.

Our CCTV setup for southern unit was setup from eHover Bangalore, you may wanna speak to them.

Hello

I visited S P Road today

I was advised to buy HI focus wifi IP 1 MP cameras which do not require any wiring except a power source
I can run 4 cameras at a time and see the feed on my mobile
The price is about 3.5 k each and come with 1 year warranty
The backup is nearly 2 days through a 32 GB SD card to be purchased separately
They have a local service setup.

This suits my requirements fully

Any idea on the reliability of the cameras ?

Thanks for advising
Random google gave http://www.securekart.in/cctv/hi-fo...-wireless-camera-model-hc-ipc-f1100-0280.html
should be lower with margin in brick and mortar

Back