Galaxy Note 2 - Announcement & Discussion Thread

I had ordered too & cancelled my order today due to no order updates. Pathetic service.

Just now checked on hs18.com, they shipped it through Aramex yesterday. From Gurgaon to Gurgaon. I should get it today.

They didn't send me an email.

Am planning to buy the Note II in the next couple of days.

Just wanted to know is the Screen Guard Really necessary for the phone. And using the screen wont hamper the S pen Functionality?

Just now checked on hs18.com, they shipped it through Aramex yesterday. From Gurgaon to Gurgaon. I should get it today.

They didn't send me an email.

I will get it tomorrow hopefully.

Just confused I should continue with S3 or start using Note II and sell S3.

Guys suggest me a good case. I used a SPG case with my S2 which woukd replace the back cover and snap on to the phone covering the sides. Is that available for the Note 2.
Also I need a bluetooth headset. Can you please suggest some. How is the sound quality of the Motorola S10HD. They are available for just $45 on Amazin thus weekend.
I am also gonna buy a Sandisk class10 64GB card from Amazon. Anyone using a 64GB card with their Note 2 succesfully?

@rdst_1 even i'm thinking to get 64gb card from amazon.. how you are planning to ship? SnS?

I have moved on to PPOBox mate. Also for Amazon purchases you can ask for a quote from ibhejo because otherwise the shipping costs via PPOBox will nullify any price difference benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it from hs18 yesterday. Opened the box and checked for DOA and contents. Everything fine. :)

Somehow I am finding the size a little uncomfortable, if someone from NCR wants to pick it up, please let me know.

^^ Congrats... But you may want to think twice before applying the Matte screen gaurd... I tried it ... Its horrible.
Firstly you miss the sharpness and details of the samsung display and secondly its not the perfect for Spen.
I got rid of it and came back to the trusty glossy ones..... Got a good deal on Ebay. Paid 380 for 3.
Good quality...

Anyone has ghost click issues with your Spen? Like no matter if Air View is On/OFF The Spen registers clicks from 1CM above the screen....
Its horrible.... Getting it updated from Samsung Cafe today... Hope that resolves the issue...

planning to buy galaxy note 2 from online websites.. becoz the pricing is cheap compared to retail stores. tradus.in is quoting 33,100 after using their instore coupons.

but am shocked to read the reviews of the online websites and their pathetic services. also they dont offer cash on delivery for note 2 except flipkart. i dont want to take risk by transferring 33k in to their account and wait for my product...

so can u suggest me how to go abt this.. shd i take risk and purchase note 2 online or better spend extra bucks and buy it form a physical retail store??? friends pls help me

planning to buy galaxy note 2 from online websites.. becoz the pricing is cheap compared to retail stores. tradus.in is quoting 33,100 after using their instore coupons.

but am shocked to read the reviews of the online websites and their pathetic services. also they dont offer cash on delivery for note 2 except flipkart. i dont want to take risk by transferring 33k in to their account and wait for my product...

so can u suggest me how to go abt this.. shd i take risk and purchase note 2 online or better spend extra bucks and buy it form a physical retail store??? friends pls help me

I only trust flipkart and cannot wait for delivery so I am opting for local store, but many have successfully bought online...

I got my faulty S pen replaced in just 15 min. Walked into the Samsung Service center... Showed the phone to the engineer... He confirmed it was a known issue with many Note-II.. and replaced my Spen with a brand new one. Just took down my name and no in a notebook. No bills no forms... in and out in 15mins flat :)
He said that for some spens the potentiometer is not set properly...

I will get it tomorrow hopefully.

Just confused I should continue with S3 or start using Note II and sell S3.

Sell off the S3, I did the same :)

And yea, with the Matte screen guard u will loose some sharpness, but u wont get finger prints on the screen guard and it is really smooth for the finger as well, I am currently using it.

I got my faulty S pen replaced in just 15 min. Walked into the Samsung Service center... Showed the phone to the engineer... He confirmed it was a known issue with many Note-II.. and replaced my Spen with a brand new one. Just took down my name and no in a notebook. No bills no forms... in and out in 15mins flat :)
He said that for some spens the potentiometer is not set properly...

What issue did u have ?

What issue did u have ?
As mentioned above... The Spen would register click action from 1cm above the display even if it did not touch the display. By registering the click i mean opening an application or pressing a key
I tried turning off the airview feature but it did not help. Tried a lot to calibrate it using all stupids methods from the net but it did not help. Came to know that this is the issue with Spen across many countires. Dont mistake the Airview features and my ghost clicks... :) Both are diff. When I explained this to the Samsung Cafe guy in phoenix mall he said its a feature :D

Sell off the S3, I did the same :)

And yea, with the Matte screen guard u will loose some sharpness, but u wont get finger prints on the screen guard and it is really smooth for the finger as well, I am currently using it.

I second that... First I thought S3 and note 2 was same, but boy today I got my hands on note 2 and I am glad I sold my S3... Huge difference...

Is anyone using a gadgetshieldz full body protector on your phone? Any idea on whether it affects the S-Pen performance?

I want to know the same thing... I am also looking for a gadgetshieldz full body protector for Note 2.... Especially covering the side bezels which are susceptible to scratches while inside the tpu case...

Anyone using invisible bodyshield that covers both the front/back and also side bezels?

Need some help

I am not able to to download any apps on the NOTE II. It just keeps saying downloading. Is there any other setting that needs to be done for the same.

this is not an issue of the network as I am able to download stuff from online.

Regards,
Adil

I want to know the same thing... I am also looking for a gadgetshieldz full body protector for Note 2.... Especially covering the side bezels which are susceptible to scratches while inside the tpu case...

Anyone using invisible bodyshield that covers both the front/back and also side bezels?

Well I have seen that this full body guard produces a yellow tint on the body of the phone after long term usage. Somebody had pasted links in some thread. I have never used it, but google it and check out some videos on youtube [of results of long term usage] before taking the plunge.

- - - Updated - - -

Need some help

I am not able to to download any apps on the NOTE II. It just keeps saying downloading. Is there any other setting that needs to be done for the same.

this is not an issue of the network as I am able to download stuff from online.

Regards,
Adil

Ok this happens sometimes if you are GPRS, just cancel it once or twice and then it downloads without a hitch. Try it.

Try it with a wifi connection as well and check what happens.

Can i use the phone without applying any pouch backside. Did the white colour peel off or anything?Are acessories easily available for this ?

Also please recommend me good screen guards and where to buy them.

Back