Android Galaxy Note 2 Glass Cracked

vinukm

Disciple
Hello,

Had a nasty day. Dropped the Galaxy note 2 from Waist Height.

Only the Glass has cracked and rest of the phone and touch functions working perfectly fine. Again the Crack is just two thin lines. They are visible only from certain angle. But irritates a lot :(.

Spoke to Samsung service center and they are quoting 7.5 K. in ebay the Glass is being sold for 1.2 K and $ 3.8 in Aliexpress. Is it safe to get them replaced by some local mobile repair shop or should I go to Samsung?

Please Advice if any one has done the glass replacement earlier.

Not sure but can't you buy one from ebay and then go to Samsung Service Center and they can install it for you. Should be cheap and they should do it easily and effectively.

Screen and glass (touch) are one single assembly service center will change the whole part they do not have the glass as a separate part that's why they will not replace it. Plus its a JUGAAD thing as the glass avavilble in the bay are not original gorilla glass but they do the job. Check with local repair shop they do replace the glass and cost under 1k but the result are not very good.

Yep as Karan said it's very difficult to change only the digitizer Glass. My note 2 suffered the same condition, I had tried to get only the glass replaced but once the broken digitizer was separated the LCD failed and had to get the entire assembly replaced. Had cost me 8k back then with 6 months warranty on the screen but phone felt as good as new.

Back