Galaxy S III officially announced by Samsung

Aman27deep

Skilled
1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor / 4.8-inch HD screen @ 306 PPI / 8 megapixel camera / 2,100mAh battery / 8.6mm thickness and weighs in at 133g.

Little underwhelming i think.

Galaxy S III officially announced by Samsung

Samsung have announced their flagship phone of the Galaxy series of phones. The ICS running device will have to replace the Samsung S II which has been the primary samsung phones along with The Note. The specs are good enough, but it might not be as good as many people expected.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Samsung Galaxy S III will be available in Pebble Blue and Marble White at launch. It packs a relatively big 2,100mAh battery, though it's nothing in comparison to the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.[/font]

The phone will first release in Europe (the International version) which'll have HSPA+ conenctivity on May 29th. 4G version will release in the US in June. Indian release seems a bit far away.

Official Specifications :

• General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; 4G (regional))
  • Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
  • Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133 g
  • Display: 4.8" 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass
  • CPU: Quad-core 32nm ARM Cortex A9 1.4 GHz processor, Exynos 4212 Quad chipset
  • GPU: Mali-400MP
  • RAM: 1GB
  • Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot
  • Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image

stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, 1.9MP front facing camera, video-calls
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port,

GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go, NFC
  • Battery: 2100 mAh
  • Misc: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input, RGB light

Official Pictures :

Source : http://www.gsmarena....e-news-4200.php

i was kinda expecting a 12 mp camera to be honest.The live blog is still going on and it will be interesting to see how that feature where you take the phone to your ear when highlighted a contact works.its got malfunction written all over it.

the nokia pureview pricing rumors are confusing as fu*k to be honest.

in the nokia thread people are speculating from around 25 k to straight towards 40 k.s3 for 30 to 32 k will eat the note's market with the 4.8 screen size.

I am disappointed to see the specs and i was waiting for this to release.. I was expecting it with 2gb ram, 12mp rear cam. Except the proccy, battery and screen, rest other feature's are more or less similar to S2. I will get a Note rather.

I had rather buy a note

I dont really care about this s3 - all i want is a price reduction in note
<

I am disappointed to see the specs and i was waiting for this to release.. I was expecting it with 2gb ram, 12mp rear cam. Except the proccy, battery and screen, rest other feature's are more or less similar to S2. I will get a Note rather.

like buying that 'awesome' 13MP intex webcam instead of 'oh so lame' 720p Microsoft webcam?
hmm, how many times do you find yourself using those pics taken at even 5MP at it's native resolution?

The specs seem brilliant to me so far but the chrome bezel is strict nono...i wish it was a single colour scheme for body...

like buying that 'awesome' 13MP intex webcam instead of 'oh so lame' 720p Microsoft webcam?

hmm, how many times do you find yourself using those pics taken at even 5MP at it's native resolution?

The specs seem brilliant to me so far but the chrome bezel is strict nono...i wish it was a single colour scheme for body...

Dude its not only about camera... I understand camera is not such a big deal but the debate is about what and how much are we getting more out of a new model from its predecessor? Why is it worth shifting from a s2 to s3? how good a competiton it will prove to be when compared to the upcoming iphone 5? All these things need to be accounted.

When will they ever learn that one chasis fits all.. that ship has sailed long back.

Moreover, apart from the central button thing.. overall Designing really is offputting.

Seems like we will have to bank on ATnT/Verizon/xyz company again to facelift this piece like S2.

it will be interesting to see how that feature where you take the phone to your ear when highlighted a contact works.its got malfunction written all over it.

It could be using the accelerometer or the gyro to determine initial position and detect motion and angle which finally leads to placing a call, though there could be initial hiccups but as its software dependent I think it can be rectified over time.

I was thinking what to buy iPhone 5 (or the new iPhone or whatever they call) or the S3 when it comes (it has now), guess i know what to buy now.

This was not a worthy upgrade.Galaxy S-II was an overhaul from the original galaxy.This one has more RAM-Multicored processor-Bigger space but almost the same camera optics.I guess this is one place where Apple might be a step ahead.I am expecting a 12M sensor with better camera optics from the next gen iphone.

IMO, there was absolutely no need for a SG III at this time. Specs apart (720p pentile display), the phone doesn't look like a premium device. And it was funny seeing they come up with such mouthful terms ([font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hyperglaze(?)) to make up for the lack in features. Also, is it just me or a 4.8 inch screen just isn't idle for single-handed operation?[/font]

The current pricing is set at Rs.38k at launch. A little on the higher side but that is a given considering HTC's pricing and considering that S2 was priced at 33k too and S3 is of course priced higher everywhere in the world.

Back